Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

I Need Good Quality Wheel Studs.......................................

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2006, 05:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I Need Good Quality Wheel Studs.......................................

Does anyone know where I can find etended wheel studs for the Evo? I got some from Road Race Engineering but they are totally trash. I have already damaged 2 hubs just trying to remove lug nuts. I had instances where the wheel stud just spins with the lug nut and won't come off. Several other studs are damaged form the treads going bad. I need some real quality wheel studs badly. Any help is appreciated.
Old Aug 24, 2006, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

RRE's have been working well for me and this is an autoxer, I change tires and wheels more often than I fill it with gas.

ARP also makes extended studs, more expensive too, don't know any dealers though do some research...
Old Aug 24, 2006, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

ARP makes them, but they are $140 and even if you don't care, good luck finding them. I spent a month trying to find them before I gave up and bought the RRE's last week but haven't installed them yet.
Old Aug 24, 2006, 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

I just bought new rims from discount tire. When they get here, they're installing them. Just changing my rims once isn't going to damage anything, right?
Old Aug 25, 2006, 07:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Varrius
I just bought new rims from discount tire. When they get here, they're installing them. Just changing my rims once isn't going to damage anything, right?
Changing your rims 50 times won't damage anything unless you cross-thread a lugnut or let the shop monkey put them on with a 900 ft-lb impact wrench.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 09:26 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jbrown
ARP makes them, but they are $140 and even if you don't care, good luck finding them. I spent a month trying to find them before I gave up and bought the RRE's last week but haven't installed them yet.
Hey thanks. I'll try to find the ARP studs.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by smokeyonline
Hey thanks. I'll try to find the ARP studs.
Lancershop sells them, but doesn't have them in stock. I ordered them locally, but they never came in.

If you find them in stock anywhere, please pm me and let me know.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 01:07 PM

I have the ARP studs, and just be aware, they're really long. I think they're 3" in total length, although the first 1/2" or so isn't threaded, it's just a ramp to ease engagement of the threads on the lug nut.

When I have my OEM wheels on, they really hang out in the breeze. I suppose you could cut them to length.

Edit: By the way, I got my ARPs at Lancer Shop quite awhile ago. And here's a pic, you can kind of see how far they protrude:

Last edited by nubby; Aug 25, 2006 at 01:25 PM.
Old Aug 26, 2006, 01:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by smokeyonline
I have already damaged 2 hubs.....wheel stud just spins with the lug nut and won't come off.
How did you install the studs?

How are the hubs damaged, in what way?
Old Aug 28, 2006, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nubby
I have the ARP studs, and just be aware, they're really long. I think they're 3" in total length, although the first 1/2" or so isn't threaded, it's just a ramp to ease engagement of the threads on the lug nut.

When I have my OEM wheels on, they really hang out in the breeze. I suppose you could cut them to length.

Edit: By the way, I got my ARPs at Lancer Shop quite awhile ago. And here's a pic, you can kind of see how far they protrude:

ARP Makes great stuff, but for some reason, no one stocks the wheel studs :-(

FYI the stock studs are 30mm long RRE ones are 52mm long and the ARP ones are 76mm.
Old Aug 28, 2006, 09:18 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

http://www.racingbrake.com/EVO_Stud_...c_p/evo-43.htm

High strength, racing wheel studs, at a great price!
Old Aug 28, 2006, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

Those racingbrake ones look nice.

FOR ANYONE WHO WANTS ARP WHEEL STUDS!

I just found out today that I will be getting a set from my local performance shop and they have one more set in stock. If you want them I will buy them for you and mail them to you for whatever it costs me. Figure about $140-150 shipped bc I will have to pay FL sales tax. I am not trying to make money on the deal, just offering to help fellow member since my local shop isn't big on mail-order. They will be brand new in whatever packaging ARP normally puts them in.
Old Aug 29, 2006, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

What about options auto salon?
https://www.optionsauto.com/products.asp?dept=3995

For the front set you're looking at $39 a corner, which isn't that bad. It's better than having to spend $120 for all 4 corners if you're only using wheel spacers on the front.
Old Oct 16, 2006, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fireball
http://www.racingbrake.com/EVO_Stud_...c_p/evo-43.htm

High strength, racing wheel studs, at a great price!
Are these extended studs? They say their direct replacement but at 42mm long I think that puts them at 12mm longer than OE? Am I missing something?
Old Oct 16, 2006, 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

I installed my RRE studs 2 weeks ago and all is well, they work great, and are considerably longer than stock, but not as ridiculously long as the ARP studs.

I would never use spacers on the stock studs, and the RRE studs stick out past my lug nuts just a little even with a 6mm spacer. The stock studs didn't fill the lug nuts even without a spacer.

Quick Reply: I Need Good Quality Wheel Studs.......................................