Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Tein strut tops

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2006, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tein strut tops

Fitted the Tein p/b strut tops to my Evo 9, got an even better alignment than was previously possible (castor etc) and it is a fairly dramatic improvement in the hills on the limit, far more than I was expecting. It never moves off a line no the steering wheel remains unaffected by any bumps compared to a small affect previously.
Laterally as you turn in it is sharper due to the better alignment then as you push past the apex the required steering angle stays that touch more consistent under heavy G loadings.
Very surprised to be honest. The alignment was fresh and very good Before I put these on and yet it has still made a remarkable positive difference, no negatives noticeable yet (perhaps lifespan but still, rubber bush stock wouldnt be all that much better youd guess over time itd get sloppier)

Anyway just thought id let you know theyre a good thing!

Also it makes it look v. nice under the engine bay having gold circles under your strut brace with the Tein logo and an adjustable camber/castor plate underneath.

Wasnt too cheap at $425 Australian dollars for the pair of strut tops plus labour however it was well, well worth it.

Very impressive! I really wasnt expecting much and am quite pleased indeed!
They fit onto the MR Bilstein and Evo 9 without issue, the suspension place who did it for me (THR Developments) did say it was a bit of a b*tch of a job though.

Trav

Last edited by troe666; Aug 25, 2006 at 08:27 AM.
Old Aug 25, 2006, 11:13 AM

Did you notice any extra noises over bumps?
Old Aug 26, 2006, 12:46 AM
Evolving Member

you get a squeak here or there and some creaking from the metal->metal contact

that's life
overall though man its pretty bearable, not too obnoxious. I'm going to lower the car later in the week as have heard more rattles/squeaks etc will come then too,?

But its not too bad. I find most Tein stuff is quite good on noise/comfort yet high performance, as compared to some of the cusco, HKS gear etc.

Trav