Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

downside to running Motul RBF600 on street?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2006, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by andysoo8284
I'm shopping for rims and snow tires and you're gearing up for a track session. Can't wait till I move back to California.
haha, you're more than welcome to come out and down to a day/weekend
Old Sep 21, 2006, 05:55 PM
Former Sponsor

so warmpepsi let me ask you this since you have experience...im signing up for the homestead race the 21st of october... right now i have stock fluid with 14k on it and hawk hps pads will i be alright? or ya think i should switch out the fluid? i drive my car pretty hard, all the time... reallllly hard.... figure if i own it, use it, cause its sure doesnt get good gas milege to drive it slow... i didnt want to get a hard core pad because these are good enough on the street and highway... i haven't been able to get them to fade or over heat doing several 120-140 hard brakes on the highway to see if i'm gonna have any problems on race day

any input would be great

thanks!
Old Sep 21, 2006, 05:58 PM
Pocket Mo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Better safe than sorry 4 wheel. Change the fluid out to the Motul rather than boiling your stock fluid. I'd rather spend the $ and flog my car on the track not worrying about that.

Drive all the way to FL for a day/weekend? I hope you're inviting me to stay at your house for free cause that trip will make me broke!
Old Sep 21, 2006, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4 Wheel Slide
so warmpepsi let me ask you this since you have experience...im signing up for the homestead race the 21st of october... right now i have stock fluid with 14k on it and hawk hps pads will i be alright? or ya think i should switch out the fluid? i drive my car pretty hard, all the time... reallllly hard.... figure if i own it, use it, cause its sure doesnt get good gas milege to drive it slow... i didnt want to get a hard core pad because these are good enough on the street and highway... i haven't been able to get them to fade or over heat doing several 120-140 hard brakes on the highway to see if i'm gonna have any problems on race day

any input would be great

thanks!
i assume since you're asking, it'll be your first day out on track.

There were 3 evo's down there the last time i ran at homestead in july. Me, and 2 others. Both were basically stock (i think one had cams), One guy boiled the fluid, and i think he glazed the pads. The other just kept fading them, then boiled it.

Homestead isn't really that hard on brakes, imo. However, i would upgrade it to something better. I'm not a fan of ATE, but i've got 3 containers of it here unopened.

I"m honestly not familiar at all with hawk pads, other than i was just given some basic info on the DTC's, earlier today. I'd say you'll probably fade them if they're a street pad.

Also, if you haven't signed up, and you're a novice, theres a good chance you're SOL, because the novice reg. is already full i believe.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 06:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by andysoo8284
Better safe than sorry 4 wheel. Change the fluid out to the Motul rather than boiling your stock fluid. I'd rather spend the $ and flog my car on the track not worrying about that.

Drive all the way to FL for a day/weekend? I hope you're inviting me to stay at your house for free cause that trip will make me broke!
haha, i didnt know where you're located. I'm normally fairly providing, though sometimes a couch is a last resort (ask robi, he's slept there )
Old Sep 21, 2006, 06:10 PM
Pocket Mo

LOL! Hey robi thanks for the suspension, you can get the couch instead of the floor.

I'm about as far as anyone can get from Florida in the continental US. Washington -> Florida. Oh man to think I was willing to do the drive so many years ago for a CN kit. So glad I didn't waste my money. Guardian? What Guardian? Oh you mean my plastic paper weight.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Sbring this weekend is still open! we're going up Fraiday eve to run Sat.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 06:14 PM
Pocket Mo

AH! You Florida people make me green with envy! I wish I was contemplating using Motul for a track day at Sebring.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Sgt Blamo
Sbring this weekend is still open! we're going up Fraiday eve to run Sat.
you're 100% positive of that? as i posted on the chin site, i was gonna make the drive over no matter (bring tools and my helmet just in case), but didnt plan on running (for no real reason)

you're runnin? know anyone else that is?
Old Sep 21, 2006, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 4 Wheel Slide

any input would be great

thanks!
4wheel,
If you do anything at least blead the brakes with some fresh Valvoline Synpower. It's cheap and easy to find at the local auto store. Running HPS I doubt you're going to boil the fluid before the pads fade anyway. I didn't have to switch over to Motul until I started getting a lot faster and running r-comps.
Old Sep 21, 2006, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mayhem
4wheel,
If you do anything at least blead the brakes with some fresh Valvoline Synpower. It's cheap and easy to find at the local auto store. Running HPS I doubt you're going to boil the fluid before the pads fade anyway. I didn't have to switch over to Motul until I started getting a lot faster and running r-comps.
very good point, that valvoline stuff is pretty good for what it really is.
Old Aug 17, 2007, 05:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WarmPepsi
very good point, that valvoline stuff is pretty good for what it really is.
Yeah, it sho is
Old Aug 17, 2007, 11:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 209 Likes on 189 Posts
holy thread revival batman.
Old Aug 19, 2007, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

The Valvoline is a great brake fluid for a daily driver, or to use in the off season. Here's some more info...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=228916