Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Polished ADVAN RGII info

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2006, 09:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Polished ADVAN RGII info

I wasnt sure if I should post this in Show & Shine or here but I am actually more interested in info than pretty pics so here goes...

I am very interested in these wheels but am having a lot of trouble finding information or even pics. I would like to know things like weight, price, and best place to buy. I wouldnt mind seeing some pics if people have them too though i want the GTR face (29mm offset) and size 18x9.

Here are the only pics I could find and this was months ago...

Thanks in advance for any info / thoughts on these wheels.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 02:05 PM
Evolving Member

that might be a aftermarket polish job.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

That's the SBC finish, Super Black Chrome or something like that.
Old Sep 19, 2006, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

I got a set from Gruppe-S (non-GTR face) and installed these a couple weeks ago on my Rally Red IX. I'll post some pics up tomorrow.

Most Evo fans view anything "chrome-ish" as sacrilegious, but IMHO, these look fantastic. The SBC finish has a black reflection on the inside of the spokes and on the lip, which contrasts the silver/chrome on the outside of the spoke.

It definately has some "bling' to it, but not in an obnoxious way by any stretch of the imagination.

I've always liked the simplicity and clean look of the Advan RGII, and to me, this just dresses them up a bit; and also is unique at the same time for a wheel that is argueably overplayed.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

I dont care what other EVO owners think. I love these rims. And the only reason chrome is always so lame is because the rims are heavy. These are just polished so they still weigh the same as silver or gold RGIIs. I would like to see this contrast you speak of as far as the black lip and inside of the spokes. I at first thought these wheels were all one solid polished color and then I thought the entire wheel was black chrome, but still one solid color. Is this true? I mean does the color change from chrome to black based on the lighting on the black chrome finish or is the wheel actually colored differently on the inside of the spokes and lip? I would think not but I dont know. I would really like to see these in person before I buy them anyway. I might have to take a drive to AMS....
Old Sep 20, 2006, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

PS: Anyone have a set of used ones for sale? I got a PM from someone that said they just sold a set of these cheap and I just missed out. I dont want that to happen again.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

damn bro good luck getting this rims...they are i think 200 dollar more for each rim because its a special edition color for thoose rims so there are limited quantities. But from my experience go to speed element pm cal and say jt or jdmgraphitemr said you might have them. Trust me cal will hook you up and he probably can get them for you bro.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 09:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does anyone have the black ones yet?

I'm normally not a fan of polished stuff.... but those wheels look damn good polished!
Old Sep 20, 2006, 09:21 AM
Evolved Member

I got a price already. $2099.69 shipped. Not bad.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

JDMGraphiteMR, you are the second person who told me to go there. The first was the kid who said he just sold a set and wouldve hooked me up. Just missed them. The price I posted was PMed to me by a vendor on here for brand new rims shipped and purchased by special order. I am in no huge hurry here, I just want to know everything I can about them so when I have the green I wont have any surprises when they arrive at the door.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

GRUPPE-S sells them for 2350, they aren't cheap ! SBC = Super Bright Chrome & they don't weight much more than none chromes, but if you did the search blah blah blah !! Actually I'll go one better here's the link !!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=207433

Last edited by Torre from Va.; Sep 20, 2006 at 09:27 AM.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

I did search. Read my first post here where I said I have been searching for days. Also, Gruppe-S quoted me 2450 shipped. I like the price of 2100 better from another vendor on here. I am going to talk to Speed Element too.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TURBevO8
I did search. Read my first post here where I said I have been searching for days. Also, Gruppe-S quoted me 2450 shipped. I like the price of 2100 better from another vendor on here. I am going to talk to Speed Element too.

$2100 shipped from who, don't play with my emotions are you sure !!

Last edited by Torre from Va.; Sep 20, 2006 at 09:34 AM.
Old Sep 20, 2006, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

another pic link for you !!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...hlight=blurple
Old Sep 20, 2006, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Torre from Va.
$2100 shipped from who, don't play with my emotions are you sure !!
Yeah I am sure. The exact price is 2099.69 shipped. I will PM you the vendor as I am not sure if they want that price advertised or not. And like I originally said, I did search. I'm not a newbie. I know how to use the search tool. I was looking more for information such as weight and pricing that pics is why I started this thread. And to hear who had them and what they thought about them and such. That is why this isnt in show & shine where pics belong. Thanks for the links though.

Quick Reply: Polished ADVAN RGII info