Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Which Endless Pad do I need?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2006, 10:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which Endless Pad do I need?

Hi all,

I contacted Endless about this but no one replied to my email.

I don't know the difference between the Endless Vita Nouva, SS-S, and SS-M pads.

I don't drive my car everyday for work, and when I do, I usually take it for what I feel is aggressive mountain/canyon runs. I don't autocross, or run track days.

Now I'm pretty sure Vita Nouva is not right for me since all indications suggest it's really a entry level street pad. But I can't tell whether the SS-S is more "aggresive" than the SS-M.

Gruppe-S suggested that I should use CC-X, but I'm wary the composite would tear up my rotors (slotted Stoptech), and that it's more similar to or more aggresive than Hawk HP+.

Any insight on this?
thanks
Old Oct 27, 2006, 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

I would get the Ferodo DS2500 instead. its a great street & track pads..

Last edited by evo637; Oct 27, 2006 at 10:43 AM.
Old Oct 27, 2006, 11:14 AM
Account Disabled

The Vita Nuovas are comparable to stock, just not as dusty The SSS compound has good initial bite and can hold up fairly well on track (the Ms do give up a little performance in exchange for minimal dust). If you do brake aggressively, I would suggest the CC-A for a street/track car, CC-X if it's a track only car. WORKS has used many Endless compounds in our personal street EVOs all the way to the WORKS Time Attack EVO and they've been kind to rotors (OEM, slotted, 2-piece, etc...).

Last edited by Jamie@WORKS; Oct 27, 2006 at 11:19 AM.
Old Oct 27, 2006, 04:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo637
I would get the Ferodo DS2500 instead. its a great street & track pads..
Agree! The DS2500s work great. No way would I spend $500 on Endless brake pads... all you're paying for is the name.
Old Oct 27, 2006, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
a bit OT, but the CCR's worked great for the evo in a "track" setting. (more agressive yet, than the ccx's.)
Old Oct 28, 2006, 04:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
not to add another choice, but i like my sss-y. if you are worried about your rotors and dont track your car i would stay away from the cc-x and above. any of the sss series is a good performance pad that wont kill your rotors nor your pockets.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 12:38 PM
Evolving Member

Here's a reply for you from Kent @ Endless:

Dear Sir:

We apologize that there was no response to your E-mail inquiry. What address did you send the E-mail to? We'd like to make sure that all channels of communication with the public are open and attended to.

You're right to assume that the Vita Nuova is an entry level pad, however the Vita Nuova's performance is a lot higher than many may think. The Vita Nuova is perfect for everyday use and spirited street driving given its stability, low operating temperature, absence of noise and rotor friendliness.

Nevertheless, either the SS-S or the SS-M compounds are more than sufficient for your needs. The main difference between them is that the SS-M compound contains no steel fibers and therefore produces the least amount of dust within our lineup. Both the SS-S and SS-M are designed for daily use and spirited street / some track use.

The CC-X compound is definitely oriented towards track use given the proportions of materials within the compound, however the ceramic carbon material makeup is indeed considerably rotor friendly. Users should have no problem with rotor wear using either the CC-A or CC-X compound since both operate at reasonably low temperatures.

Yours Sincerely,

Kent Chen

Endless USA / AME Wheels
18421 Gothard St. Unit 200
Huntington Beach, CA 92648

Tel: 714-847-0694
Fax: 714-847-0695
Fax 2: 714-841-0004

AIM 1: Brand Endless (Kent)
AIM 2: Endless Zeal USA (Dominic)

Email: Kent@endlessusa.com
Web: www.endlessusa.com
Web: www.ame-wheels.com
Due to the volume of emails I receive please include all previous correspondence in your reply. This will aid in a prompt response.