Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Cusco Zero 2r's

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2006, 04:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cusco Zero 2r's

Tried to do a search on this type of coilovers for some reviews but did not encountered that much.........I'm in the market for a coilover and leaning to this type...... would you guy's chime in and let me know the advantages and disadvantages of this type/brand of coilovcer if there's any...........As of now I haven't really found anything bad about this coilover except for the $2200 price tag .........Your opinion guy's would be helpfull and much appreciated. Thanks............
Old Dec 1, 2006, 06:47 PM
Evolving Member

I've had them on my 8 for the last year...
the ride is almost like stock(just lower)... the rebound on them is great, so there's never any uneasyness going over hills or going into dips... turn-in is great... from cruising to actually getting in twisties, they're phenominal, not too stiff for these junky california roads, but in no way soft, no clunking sounds like some of the cheaper coilovers out there... again, I've had them for more than a year now, frequently taking it through some mountain passes out here, there is no loss in shock compression yet, still have them set on 1 (6-way adjustable). once you get over the price tag you can't go wrong with these...
Old Dec 1, 2006, 06:55 PM

^^^^^^^Appreciate your input evo2envy.........Yeah your right so far all I hear about these coilovers is nothing but good things........ How would you rate the spring rate on the rear for being 5 compared to the rest of the coilover brands in the market that uses 6,7 and so on spring rates?
Old Dec 1, 2006, 07:29 PM
Evolving Member

no problem, yea, they really are great. as far as the spring rate in the rear, for me it's fine, especially for daily use. anything over 7 is pretty harsh, but it's really relative to the driver, for some stiff is preferred. the thing about the rear though, which I think cusco did the right job about, is that because of the slightly softer spring in the rear it helps acceleration from a dig and allows a little bit more overstear over some of the other coilovers out there, which is good for an awd car, yet since it's an inverted shock absorber it maintains a full contact patch with the road, so you're always in control
Old Dec 2, 2006, 07:24 AM

I went ahead purchase a set after hearing / reading about it........ so far this coilover sounds very promising. Can't wait to install it.......
Old Dec 2, 2006, 08:05 AM
Evolved Member

you will not be disapointed rollin on cusco products!
Old Dec 2, 2006, 02:20 PM
Evolving Member

good stuff man... won't be dissapointed...
Old Dec 12, 2006, 05:43 AM

you guy's are right! it's well worth the money..........ride is awesome. Big difference on some of the brands i previously owned.......I just have to get it dialed in and that should be it.........
Old Dec 12, 2006, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only thing you need to be concerned with them, being that you live in the East, is the metal construction. Most Japanese coilovers were simply not built to handle the northeast weather. They WILL rust on you if they are made of anything but stainless steel. Gotta love the German companies in that respect.

KWs all the way. I have a set of Robispec'd KW Variant 3s and I love them, although I am heavily involved in Solo and TAs and TTs.
Old Dec 20, 2006, 05:47 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Zero2R are completely stainless, same as the KW V3-
Old Dec 26, 2006, 01:28 AM
Evolving Member

For the same money I would have to say I recommend Tanabe Seven, ZEAL b or S6 as well. also JIC FLT A2 jdm spec valved.
Old Jan 12, 2007, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

+1 Evo2Envy---i agree completely!
Old Jan 12, 2007, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

If you got the standard spring rates, I think the rear are too soft, my car understeers badly, even with a stiffer rear sway. I've got 7k springs on the way from Cusco for the rear to replace the 5k. I think (hope) it will free the rear end up quite a bit.
Old Jan 12, 2007, 11:31 PM
Evolved Member

I had the Zero 2r's on my wagon...Personally after owning KW's for while now I wouldn't go back to a JDM unit. I have no experience with Zeals, but thats the only brand in that category I would even consider...and have read about some Function XS owners going to KW V3 and raving about the KW's.

Never had any problems with the Zero 2r's, its just the damping adjustments weren't very noticeable like 1-5 was a change but 1-2 or 3-4 wasn't a difference in the seat of the pant. Now take the KW's a 1/4 turn or 1 click of bump is noticeable the moment I take my first turn or even back out of the garage to be honest. My 2r's were the 7k/5k spring rates, even with the damping set at 4 it would still wasn't super smooth. If I never had KW's I would probably say the Cusco's are really well built and decent just that they don't offer enough fine tuning.

Now if your stuck on JDM coils Cusco or Zeal isn't a bad choice...I just feel there are better options when your in that price range.
Old Jan 25, 2007, 06:08 AM

A friend of mine had them on his Subaru and the only bad thing that I noticed on them was that their range of rebound adjustment was very limited, which would make changing spring rates difficult as it may require a change in valving also.

Corey #89 STU

Quick Reply: Cusco Zero 2r's