Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

RBF600 good for street?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2006, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RBF600 good for street?

From the posts:

ATE Super Blue is the BEST for Street Duty and some track.
Its even beats the Ford heavy duty.
Motul is only good for TRACK use unless you like changing it all the time. Being a synthetic dot 5.
It sucks water like a ****. so if you use it for the street you should look at reaplcing it every 3 months.

I used all the mentioned fuids (not in EVO, but other car).
Mutul RBF 600 is my 1st choice. Holds up very well at the track. You will have to change it once a year though. Since I have to flush and bleed before every track event, this is not a problem for me. It is more expensive, usually $12-14 a bottle + shipping. Motul 600 is NOT DOT-5 by the way.... Most DOT-5's are not compatible with current producion brake systems.
ATE super Blue is my seond choice. Ok for track use as well, but if you are really hard on the brakes, you may boil it. 1/2 the price of Motul. Can keep in in there for 2 years or so. Great for street.
Also used some cheap Catrol SRF I think stuff that you can buy alomost anywhere when I had no ATE or Motul. I did not have the guts to use it at the track, so I use it as "get home" fluid but swap out to ATE or Motul rather quickly.
I'll probably use ATE for my EVO as I do not plan to track it at this time (at least while I have my warranty).

How often do I need to change the RBF600? every 3months or once a year?
Old Dec 3, 2006, 07:31 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Motul and ATE are both synthetic DOT 4 fluids. Motul has a higher boiling point, so it should absorb moisture quicker then the ATE.

Either way, they both will work fine for street and track use as long as you change them regularly. For street and and AutoX use, change once a season or 10K miles. If you visit the track, then I'd change it more often.
Old Dec 3, 2006, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=228916
Old Dec 19, 2006, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

How often do I need to change the Motul RBF600?

I heard something like 18months for the Castrol SRF
Old Dec 19, 2006, 09:07 AM
Silver Sponsor

Motul is recommended to be changed out at least once a year. More often if you track your car.

Fluids like ATE are rated for 3 years MAX.
Old Dec 16, 2007, 05:16 PM
Evolved Member

Bump for some fresh input on this Motul RBF 600 fluid. I put some in my car here recently because I got all new calipers and thought now is the time to put in new fluid and install some SS lines. Now I have been reading mixed reviews on this stuff. I only ran it because JSC Speed recommended it when I bought the lines. Anyway, is it safe for the ABS system and seals? Does it in fact need to be changed once a year max? Forgive my ignorance on this subject. I usually research before I buy anything but this was rush-rush. Also, I searched but it seems everyone's opinion on this is different and the posts were from '03-'05. Bump for fresh insight!!!
Old Dec 16, 2007, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

Just plan on changing your fluid every year, unless you're spending serious time on the road course, in which case I'd say a little more often is called for.

If you're going to the track once a year, run Castrol Synthetic, and just change it immediately before your track events.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

^Thanks.

Anyone else have any fresh comments on this?
Old Dec 17, 2007, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

I've been using Motul in my Evo for about 7-8 months now I think. It seen a lot of track events this year as well some a mix of street. No problems to speak of on the street.

I bleed before every event. I was planning a full flush of the system in the spring.