Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Wheel spacer help, please advise....

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2006, 11:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheel spacer help, please advise....

So here is my issue, Volk Gt-7s 17X9 34mm offset with 265/40/17s. Rears fit/clear fine, fronts catch the calipers. I put on Kicks 10mm wheel spacers with built in studs on the fronts. Fits great, looks cool due to wider track in front.

Is it bad to run such a wider spacer when I can get enough clearance from a 5mm spacer? Am I killing the suspension geometry by doing this? Am I putting too much strain on the suspension components? Am I better off running a 5mm spacer with no built in studs? I liked the Kicks spacers due to construction quality and built in studs.

I am going to lower the car on coilovers soon, not sure if the 10mm spacers will clear the fender wells with my larger tires. If I have to go to 5mm spacers am I loosing anything over the 10mm with extended studs?

Any insight would be appreciated, thanks!
Rob
Old Dec 14, 2006, 01:16 AM
Pocket Mo

Won't be losing anything but the studs and 5mm of offset.

5mm without longer studs would work fine but +28 9" width wheels seem to clear the fender just fine. If you're going to be doing a significant drop, the 10mm may not work. Only way to really know for sure is to give it a shot. Worse thing that can happen is you have to raise the car back up until you get the 5mm spacers.
Old Aug 1, 2007, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

I just bought new Rims, was so excited to put them on, then they hit the brake calipers. I just ordered 5mm spacers so I am hoping that will fix the problem and I hope can get enough turns on the lug nut with the stock studs.