Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Rear toe links

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2007, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Rear toe links

Other than the Nagisa Auto toe links (retail 695, thank you no) are there any adjustable toe links anyone can think of? If push comes to shove I will drill the taper out of the rear spindle (not preferred) and make a solid link with standard rod ends.

Situation-

Lowered to a nice aggressive level (3/8's or so off my 275's) but my car was cursed with a really freaky LR camber problem. From the factory the adjustment was nearly maxed to maintain proper camber for street use (-1.0) and get correct toe. Obviously as I lowered the issue magnified itself to the point where the LR had -1.8 and -.06 toe MAXED on all adj. I had plenty of room in the RR so I matched it up and lived with being a little twitchy (not bad though). The major problem was with other than lapping days that much camber is kinda useless. Ruins drag attempts, wears tires for normal street duty, etc. Enter AP control arms. Shortened them up and got -.9 per side and again the toe link is maxed (albeit this time at 0). I have all my factory camber adjustment to use, quite a lot of the control arm as well, so going more negative and keeping proper toe for track days isnt an issue.

However drag racing its gonna be something of an issue. While it will leave substantially better than it did, I was capable of igniting all 4 275's for the first 35' or so. No wonder as a good portion of the tire wasnt touching the ground (deliberate exaggeration). I would like to be in the 0* range for drag racing but this kicked the toe out to -.46* a side, totally unworkable.

Anyone else run into this issue?

John
Old Jan 7, 2007, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

RMR has them for 660. I think that I am going to just make my own toe link akin to an adj. sway bar link and drill the spindle. I am researching one other option right now involving the stock toe link, but if I start making these (cheaper to by at least enough rod end material for 10) would anyone be interested in them?
Old Jan 10, 2007, 01:07 AM
Evolved Member

33 views and no one else is interested? Or are y'all just waiting to see me do it first?
Old Jan 12, 2007, 11:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn test tube babies.
Old Jan 13, 2007, 05:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm a Aligntmet/suspension/brake tech where I'm working at right now... I can go into a couple of dealies to see if I can find something out about the rear toe adjustment.

If i'm understanding this right, its adjustable from the factory but when u lowered it u were maxed out. So you need further adjustment. How toed out are you?
Old Jan 13, 2007, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DriftTech
I'm a Aligntmet/suspension/brake tech where I'm working at right now... I can go into a couple of dealies to see if I can find something out about the rear toe adjustment.

If i'm understanding this right, its adjustable from the factory but when u lowered it u were maxed out. So you need further adjustment. How toed out are you?

I also am an alignment tech where I work so I appreciate you conferring. The problem is not excessive toe out at the moment. The problem is if I were to align the car to 0* camber for drag racing I would be toed out about .5* on the left.

What I have come up with thus far in this project is a) there isnt a lot of room and the taper on the tie rod end in the rear spindle side is MASSIVE like a GM sized front tie rod (15-16mm). So drilling it out and running a bolt thru it is right out. I am thinking of having a tapered sleeve made to fit inside the spindle at least part way then running a bolt thru. You could run the link underneath (stock it goes in from the top) between the trailing arm and the brake cable for the brake at what amounts to a straight shot toward the subframe. I still have to figure something out about the taper in the spindle though if I do this.

For technical referrence- my alignment right now for street duty is -0.9* both sides 0* toe. I can go more negative and keep the toe angle fully adjustable, but going more positive camber is not currently possible without getting excessive toe out.

Nagisa Toe links are looking easier in the long run.

and Richard WTF is Test tube babies and where were you today? I thought I was aligning your car mang.
Old Jan 21, 2007, 01:56 AM
Evolved Member

For the record, the project has been abandoned. Since I dont have a taper mic to see whats the same, the only way I could do it is cut the stock toe link up, TIG part of an alloy adjuster sleeve onto it and a female rod end with male/male adjuster. I guess I am saving for yet another series of suspension parts.
Old Mar 31, 2007, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They make an offset bushing you could clock to get a little more adjustment. I have an extra set if you're interested. (turns out the ones I bought from SuperPro were exactly the same as the whiteline bump steer kit I already had on my car but in a different color).

I would love to have the Nagasi links though.
Old Jun 10, 2007, 09:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have the same problem as john Bradley. ^^^^ Do you still have the offset bushings? PM me 'cos Id like to get them to see if it helps.

Thanks

milburn