Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

WTF? Stock Tire Shreads Apart On Highway !!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2007, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Actually, the shredding is absolutely normal . . . for a tire that is worn down to the cords. It happens all the time at the autocross races.

It is your own fault for not having an alignment, not checking your tire pressures, and for freekin' driving on BALD tires. You do realize that BALD means WORN OUT and almost DOWN TO THE CORDS?

When you hit 30,000 miles we will hear a similar post about how your engine sucks because it seized up even though you never changed the oil in it.

It's called "Regular Maintenance". You should be mad at yourself for not doing it - not you Mom, your friend, or your car. . .

EVOlutionary
Old Jan 10, 2007, 06:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Tristar Racing

Im sorry, I couldnt make it past the "*****ing my mom out" or the calling of his mom and dad. This reeks of adolescence.
yea.. funny.

o well, so im 17, so i act like a 17 year old. no biggie.
Old Jan 10, 2007, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOlutionary
Actually, the shredding is absolutely normal . . . for a tire that is worn down to the cords. It happens all the time at the autocross races.

It is your own fault for not having an alignment, not checking your tire pressures, and for freekin' driving on BALD tires. You do realize that BALD means WORN OUT and almost DOWN TO THE CORDS?

When you hit 30,000 miles we will hear a similar post about how your engine sucks because it seized up even though you never changed the oil in it.

It's called "Regular Maintenance". You should be mad at yourself for not doing it - not you Mom, your friend, or your car. . .

EVOlutionary
actually i changed my oil everyone 2k miles for hte first 6k miles.

i do regularly maintain my car, i just honestly dont know alot about tires.. they were not that bald AT ALL. just the outsides were worn down.

regardless of what happend, i know now i gotta rotate and align them every month, or so.

i learned my lesson, case closed
Old Jan 10, 2007, 06:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So what did the dealer say?
Old Jan 10, 2007, 06:25 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
o well, so im 17, so i act like a 17 year old. no biggie.
That explains alot of questions I had about the original post.

Your tire problems seem pretty strange to me. I've had two evos and at least 5 different sets of advans and have never had them shread or wear out funny like that. Maybe you should start checking the pressure more often.
Old Jan 10, 2007, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by cij911
So what did the dealer say?
laughed in my face basically lmao.

they said there gunna check teh suspension for defect n if theres something wrong they would warrenty the tires. other then that its gunna be 1300 total for all 4.. so ill be going with "255/40 Falken Azeni RT-615s" OR something better, whatever the best is, im getting em lol
Old Jan 10, 2007, 06:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sr20det91
That explains alot of questions I had about the original post.

Your tire problems seem pretty strange to me. I've had two evos and at least 5 different sets of advans and have never had them shread or wear out funny like that. Maybe you should start checking the pressure more often.
yea i need to keep the maintained alot better.. whatever new tires i decide to get imma deff keep good care of them, cuz they need to last a little longer than 7,400 miles lol.

i feel stupid i didnt take better care of them from the beggining
Old Jan 10, 2007, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow you are 17 and have that and all those mods, thats dangerous. Either you have a badass job or really generous parents (which I wouldnt be b***in at if I were you since they probably bought the car and ur mods) Not trying to be mean but I agree with the other guys, tires just usually dont blow they must have been extremely worn which is the owners the responsibility to rotate and check them. I see you want Falken azenis, great tires but you will be back in about 10-12k miles needed new tires again, welcome to the world of performance tires. I would suggest maybe a better street tire instead of basically race tires, but if the parents dont care and money is no object get some yokohoma neovas.

Last edited by dbsears; Jan 10, 2007 at 07:40 PM.
Old Jan 10, 2007, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
(cartman voice)

But mom I don't want to go to the doctor!

LOL

Seriously get the Falken RT-615's 255/40/17.
Old Jan 10, 2007, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Close very close.

Originally Posted by joeymia
(cartman voice)

LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pj62GHLgazE

Last edited by cfdfireman1; Jan 10, 2007 at 08:02 PM.
Old Jan 10, 2007, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Pure Playaer
i get almost home n i see the kids are getting out of school.. im like damn i wish i could speed by n let em hear the bov (i like to show off lmao) but i knew i couldnt because i didnt want my tire to pop.

so now im home, with a screwed up tire, n my dad said he called mitsubishi n they told him my tires are under warenty n that they might replace them (yea untill they see the gt35r) but then agani they did warrenty my steering wheel with the same mods in my sig.
The dealer can't void your warranty on tires (if there is a warranty on the tires, I really don't know) because of your turbo kit.. There is a law called the Magnuson Moss Act the that states a warranty can not be voided on a problem without proving that your aftermarket parts did in fact cause the malfunction..

actually i changed my oil everyone 2k miles for hte first 6k miles.

i do regularly maintain my car, i just honestly dont know alot about tires.. they were not that bald AT ALL. just the outsides were worn down.

regardless of what happend, i know now i gotta rotate and align them every month, or so.

i learned my lesson, case closed
I don't think getting your vehilce aligned once a month will be necessary.. Just keep the proper air pressure in them and rotate them at LEAST every 5k..
Old Jan 10, 2007, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dbsears87
Wow you are 17 and have that and all those mods, thats dangerous. Either you have a badass job or really generous parents (which I wouldnt be b***in at if I were you since they probably bought the car and ur mods) Not trying to be mean but I agree with the other guys, tires just usually dont blow they must have been extremely worn which is the owners the responsibility to rotate and check them. I see you want Falken azenis, great tires but you will be back in about 10-12k miles needed new tires again, welcome to the world of performance tires. I would suggest maybe a better street tire instead of basically race tires, but if the parents dont care and money is no object get some yokohoma neovas.
yea a big arguement about that first part. parents bought the car, i bought the mods. thats the agreement. but basically i keep it on the track.. im very careful with daily driving and everything.. i love my car way to much to damage it throu stupidity. i just knew something was going to go wrong n i rly didnt wanna drive that far, about a 45 min drive to go to some doctors appointment, but o well.

yes money is no object when it comes to tires. my parents are willing to buy me the best tires money can buy as long as they keep me safe.. so i figure i might as well get some rly nice drag tires instead of street ones.. so yea.. i want the best money can buy
Old Jan 10, 2007, 08:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by joeymia
(cartman voice)

LOL

lol im undecided on the tires.. all i know is.. ill get the best money can buy.

to be honest like i said im not to sure whats good and whats not when it comes to tires. ive talked to clay (warrtalon) about tires n he suggested "255/40 Falken Azeni RT-615s".. so i might go with those.

maybe ill get some Toyo tires.. IDK.. i just wnat good drag/street tires..
Old Jan 10, 2007, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mac_05evo
I don't think getting your vehilce aligned once a month will be necessary.. Just keep the proper air pressure in them and rotate them at LEAST every 5k..
ok maybe not aligned once every 2-3 months, and rotated at the same time, while maintaining corret tire pressure.
Old Jan 11, 2007, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

IMHO

Tire pressure 1 x week, depending on use

Rotate every 3K or so, depending on use

Align every 10K or so, depending on use

Won't find a better tire than stock.

Quick Reply: WTF? Stock Tire Shreads Apart On Highway !!!