Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Kinetic Suspension.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2007, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kinetic Suspension.

There has been a good amount of talk of late about Kenetics system and how it has been outlawed in WRC and now Dakar. As a result I made it a point to run out and try and learn a little more about the system and how it works. I came up with this...

http://www.kinetic.au.com/techno.html

Seems as if there are multiple systems with multiple degrees of complexity and performance. as it stands I honestly can't think of too many downsides to this aside from price and possible weight but I would like to have the collective take a peek as well so please add your two cents.

Also, does anyone know of anyone offering this for the EVO or know of companies who may have something in the pipeline?
Old Feb 6, 2007, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

I believe Kinetic's new 'XX' system is very similar to the suspension damping system in the newest S4. It (this suspension set-up on this specific car) has gotten good reviews in the automotive press, but that is about all I know.

It would be interesting to see such a system on an Evo...it apparently did wonders for the even more front biased S4.
Old Feb 6, 2007, 10:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I want one
Old Feb 6, 2007, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

I just want to limit roll and not unload half of my tires.

This is why I would rather stay away from huge sways and find a better way to keep the car from laying over. Some of this can be done with geometry but gadgets like this need to be put into practice sooner rather than later.