Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

RobiSpec to Omaha!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 1, 2007, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RobiSpec to Omaha!

As mentioned on the "Robi Visit to Chicago" thread, we're looking to gather interest to have Robi come to Omaha while he's in the Midwest the beginning of April. So feel free to post in this thread if you're close by and what you're interested in having done, install coilovers, laser alignment w/ corner weighting, etc. More @ robispec.com

Last edited by Ookami; Mar 1, 2007 at 02:16 PM.
Old Mar 1, 2007, 02:42 PM
Evolving Member

Well, my car is down at the shop right now, I just got my Hotbits installed. Too bad I couldn't actually go pick it up today in this blizzard!

Thanks for keeping me in mind though!
Old Mar 1, 2007, 03:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WheelGap
Well, my car is down at the shop right now, I just got my Hotbits installed. Too bad I couldn't actually go pick it up today in this blizzard!
Cool. I can't wait for a ride. Who's doing your alignment?
Old Mar 1, 2007, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm down for at least corner weight, ride height and alignment ... depending on time frame ... may be even install
Old Mar 2, 2007, 06:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by speedomodel
Cool. I can't wait for a ride. Who's doing your alignment?
I had Ron's Garage do the installation and alignment. They're on 45th and Leavenworth which is really close to my house, so I thought I'd give them a try. They seemed to do a good job and have good attention to detail, but price-wise are about as expensive as Sublime. They're more of a straight garage, so they don't do fabrication and stuff as far as I can tell.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

I would definately be interested. I loved his website and would love to talk to them about my setup too. Should I call to talk to "Robi" is that his name?
Old Mar 2, 2007, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Call! Robert (Robi) Fuller is TERRIFIC to speak to. He is well versed in what works, what doesn't, and he is very willing to SHARE that information. Tell him how you drive, how you use the car, etc...work with him to get what is going work, not what sounds cool. Listen and ask questions...he likes to answer them!

I spoke to him for about 30-45 minutes yesterday while he was driving acorss AZ. He even called back when he lost signal

I am definitely down for the Omaha date if it comes about...He said yesterday that if he got ~8 set of COs to install (...and he said it looked good for that), the shipping to have them sent to ChiTown would go along way towards fuel to just drive out (~80.00 per set of COs...ouch). That makes Omaha more likely...especially if you match it up around an open track day at MAM, I know he would like to bring a car to play in, too!

If the OP of this Omaha thread would call him, that would probably put him over the edge towards driving out. He is probably going to want a nice place with a lift, air, and a press to work in, as well as a nice level place to do the corner weighting.

If you're wondering why I would go from STL to Omaha instead of Chicago, my folks live in the Big O, grew up there...although it's changed alot in the 13 to 14 years since I left.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

I'm down for steering precision and front roll-center correction kit installs as well as an alignment.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 11:39 AM
Evolving Member

I spoke with Robert on the phone yesterday as well and it was great speaking with him. I asked him if he was going out to Chicago in April and he said yes. I told him I was from Omaha and was willing to drive to Chicago, but he briefly mentioned that he may be able to stop by Omaha on his way to Chicago. So far, speedomodel has mentioned that he'll allow us to use his garage for setup, it unfortunately doesn't have a lift.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

He's done without a lift before...
Old Mar 2, 2007, 01:05 PM
Former Sponsor

STL is right on my route...if I'm driving...is it closer for the Omaha gang than Chi town?

robi
Old Mar 2, 2007, 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

Technically, it's ~35 miles shorter to STL than CHI according to Google Maps...plus I know of awesome fried chicken, BBQ, etc, in KC for them to feast upon in KC for lunch.

That would have to be a call for the Omaha gang. I'm just a rabble-rousing outsider. I am flexible to go wherever for the install.

I will give you a call Monday after noodling on the set-up I want and to finalize pricing, etc...

Thanks, Robi!

Last edited by WhiteEvo05; Mar 2, 2007 at 01:51 PM.
Old Mar 2, 2007, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

what kinda prices are we talkin here?
Old Mar 2, 2007, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Come on Robi, theres a Find The Line event happening @ MAM on April 7th - 8th ... I know you want to do that and be done with our installs before those dates
Old Mar 2, 2007, 04:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BigBallin
what kinda prices are we talkin here?
Here's a post below from robi on pricing :

go to the website...robispec .com
cliff /spark note version

Robispec Basic $1200.00
this includes lowering springs, rear swaybar rear bump steer correction kit. rear trailing arm bushing kit, alignment and all labor on your stock struts. This completely prepares your car for the track and as a side benefit many customers report better ride quality too.
If you later go with a coilover option all you would have to do is reset the front camber and toe as no changes will occur to the rear alignment...

Coilover packages pricing as listed on robispsc.com

$800.00
Gets you all items of the basic minus springs including installation setup cornerweight and alignment with you in the car. (cornerweighting "is not charged" with a suspension purchase)

$1050.00 If you bring your own coilovers for the above workand parts (add $100.00 if I need to move the springs on your coilovers if they are already installed on your car)

options
Cornerweight stock struts (yes I now have a system allowing this)
$250.00

Front roll center correction $395.00
corrects roll center change and improves camber gain on lowered Evos adding front end grip.

Robispec 2 position adjustable front swaybar $425.00
(slightly stiffer and slightly softer than stock)

Roll fenders/quarterpanels for 275/285 tires $300.00

Cornerweight your coilovers $250.00 (needs to be aligned at this time too)

I will do "just" alignments IF TIME PERMITS....$180.00 if pre scheduled.....you will also be charged the same as everyone else for the "travel fee"

Quick Reply: RobiSpec to Omaha!