Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Boss curbed custom Volks

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2007, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
...why you don't let people drive your car.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 11:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
from what the pics are showing it doesnt look too bad... but theres no need to be pissed... its not like your boss was like hey im gonna curb his wheels so i can lighten up my pockets ... there are people who fixes rims out there and once fixed it will look brand new just get it re-powdercoated and clear coated... just make sure there wasnt damage to the tires cause there might be a non visible slice in the sidewall...
Old Apr 3, 2007, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

I feel for you bro. One side is your lovely car & rims and the other is your boss who pays you and in term allowed you to afford these goodies.

At lease he'll pay for the damages, but are you afraid that your relationship with your boss is going to go sour after this incident or something?
Old Apr 3, 2007, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tvbf1
I feel for you bro. One side is your lovely car & rims and the other is your boss who pays you and in term allowed you to afford these goodies.

At lease he'll pay for the damages, but are you afraid that your relationship with your boss is going to go sour after this incident or something?
Nah. $hit happens. I'm in car sales. He's my desk manager and good friend. He set up an appointment for Friday for the tire and wheel company that does the work here at the dealership. I'll let you all know what the verdict is.
Old Apr 3, 2007, 06:32 PM

That sucks man. Good luck!
Old Apr 3, 2007, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

don't get the wheel fixed. my buddy had his wheel "fixed" and now when his car is moving, you can still see a slight warp since it was bent. get a new wheel/powdercoating job; thats what you paid for, thats what your boss destroyed, thats what you should be compensated for. replacement value of a new wheel/powdercoating.
-Chris
Old Apr 3, 2007, 07:26 PM

its never going to look the same.i see them all time
Old Apr 3, 2007, 07:32 PM
Account Disabled

sorry to hear that. I would get new ones though
Old Apr 4, 2007, 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by groove304
Seriously? Did you see the pics? That is what I don't want. Can they file it down and apply a clearcoat w/out even taking the tire off?
from the looks of it... i'd think u need to do more than file it down and clear coat it... anything that you've sunk that much money into already is worth getting repaired right.

+1 for rimpro... they are a local company and alot of people are happy with their work... however... no matter where u get the rim repaired it's never going to be the same again...

sorry dude... i know they were custom... but i would check with vendors to see whether they can get their hands on some le37s that match...
Old Apr 4, 2007, 05:37 AM
Evolving Member

Ask hime for a nice raise and a bonus while you're at it.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 10:30 AM
Evolving Member

Non-Evo drivers never believe (or plan for) how crappy our turn radius is. I'm sure he was at full lock left wondering why the car wasn't turning more. I know I was the first 5 times I tried to maneuver an Evo in close.

Good luck...these things happen. And now you'll have a good office joke to throw in his face every once in a while...
Old Apr 5, 2007, 10:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FlyNavy
Non-Evo drivers never believe (or plan for) how crappy our turn radius is. I'm sure he was at full lock left wondering why the car wasn't turning more. I know I was the first 5 times I tried to maneuver an Evo in close.

Good luck...these things happen. And now you'll have a good office joke to throw in his face every once in a while...

+10

whenever i had people that normally dont ride in my car they laugh when i go to park and have to get as far as possible lol

or when makign a u turn on a tight street i do the honda rice move of going right then left to make the u turn lol so fast and furious lol.... i would do the ebrake thing to make a u-turn but it wont slide lol
Old Apr 5, 2007, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I had a Volk wheel that was curbed repaired by these folks: http://www.truwheel.com

They did a fantastic job, and no matter how close I looked I could not find the repair. Quick turnaround and reasonable price ($125.00) for the extensive work that was needed. Highly recommend them.
Old Apr 5, 2007, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

ouch ouch ouch!!! atleast he understands the consiquences of his actions...

for a f'd up volk and for a cool boss to repair his mistakes

Just another reason i refuse to let even family members drive the evo...
Old Apr 5, 2007, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

raise?

Quick Reply: Boss curbed custom Volks