Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

robispec vs Muellerized

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2007, 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Robi is the MAN!
Old Apr 13, 2007, 02:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by robi
I don't post neg But Adam You gave a positive report, then abused you car twice and had a part bend on your camberplates (I had a set custom cut as a INTERM solution and offered DMS plates after you bent them). you abused the parts for over 8months and still got a full refund (minus the cost of rebuild kits for the coilovers)
I have had 3 camberplate failures 1 as I watched a customer take his car off track..=abuse and yours twice.=same thing...Ground control has fixed it.
You "promised" as part of the "deal" you would STOP neg posting..
I gave you a full refund because I DON'T NEED OR WANT YOU OR ANYONE LIKE YOU as a customer. Your lack of individual responsability for your actions is WORLD CLASS. Like most children.
So your promises are worthless, (see child comment above)
your evaluations are the same. (glowing report then trashing)
and since any negative coments have happened AFTER you abused the parts I'm still trying to figure out what your beef is(other than your looking to blame anyone but yourself).
Finally the rear bushings were filled with a URETHANE adhesive..you KNEW ABOUT it at the time as I explained what I was doing to you AS I DID IT and stated that I was doing it because there were no energy bushings to be had at the time. I then offered to install the bushings at a later date but you declined the offer. (no time)
So Adam you need to live up to your WORTHLESS promise (at least from now on) or your credability will be as good as your word.
I did have a wheel come off a car. He called me 2 miles from my house with a noise I said turn around he said it was too late and then called me at 2 AM from 90 miles away to say his wheel had just fallen off I went to where he was restudded the car twoed it to a body shop fixed the car and purchased a new wheel for his car slight scratch was all that was wrong) AND DELIVERED HIS CAR TO HIM IN SAN DIEGO THREE HOURS AWAY FROM MY SHOP...and then fired the employee who failed to torque the wheels...you happy now?
PS we used the "wheels never designed for an EVO" and wheel spacers to set a new NASA TTR record at cal speedway..BY OVER 5 SECONDS. thanks for "selling" them back to me...lol
Thanks for posting and clearing the air about what had actually occurred.
I was in same situation as evobeatsti.
I'll be waiting for your next trip to northeast .
Old Apr 13, 2007, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by HOSTILE_EVO
Robi is the MAN!
I sold my sti and bought a evo9 and drove from pa to nj to see robi cause he's the man and wanted to meet him befroe he sets up my car with kw clubsports."cant wait"and some magic and as usual i call him alot and when i met him had MORE ??? and he's a awsome guy..answered averything i wanted to know and and i woke him upwhile he was sleeping...see ya soon robi

shawn
Old Apr 13, 2007, 08:31 PM

Sounds like Robi is a straight up guy.

I would imagine both Robi and Mueller do good work.
That's why they have a rep. of being the top two susp. tuners. There's room in the world for both.
Now let's hear from someone who's Muellerized.

Last edited by EvImVictim; Apr 13, 2007 at 08:34 PM.
Old Apr 14, 2007, 11:35 AM
Evolved Member

I have been fully Robispec'd and love it. I bought almost all of my parts from Works and a local shop. The only thing I bought from Robi wat the Whiteline front ball joints. I installed most of the parts myself and had Robi install the really hard stuff.

He gave me a fair price and did a great job. My car handles great and rides well too. He is a stand up guy and really knows his stuff. Mr. Bubbler is the only person I have ever heard of having a problem with Robi.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

well Robispec and Mullerized are both awesome and both suspension Guru has produce great results can't really go wrong with either one of them, personally my car has been robispec so +11111111111 for Robert and Nils car speak all for itself with results on the Time Attack Street Class

but also visited Mullerized for some more bushing install's, and they are awesome too.

So when it comes down to it go with who ever who feel more comfortable with because when it comes down to it it your car and your money either way both will prove good results
Old Apr 19, 2007, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

Robi - Good to see you respond.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvImVictim
Sounds like Robi is a straight up guy.

I would imagine both Robi and Mueller do good work.
That's why they have a rep. of being the top two susp. tuners. There's room in the world for both.
Now let's hear from someone who's Muellerized.
I'm currently running Muellerized JIC's and am very happy with them. I track my car a lot so i wanted something with increased suspension travel which is something that's severely lacking in a lot of the 'off-the shelf, designed for Japanese roads' JDM coilovers out there (I know 'cause I had 2 pairs of those as well).
The Muellerized JIC's swallow track imperfections whole. The car never feels to nervous or to twitchy at the limit and when the limit is reached it's very controllable.
Now I have the stiffer 'track' spec setup but Mueller also does a nice 'street' setup as well.
I've driven and have been driven in Robispec cars as well (street and track). Great setup with again, mucho suspension travel.
I know both of these guys personally and both are stand-up gentlemen (I use that term loosly because they both look like they just rolled out of bed. ). You really can't go wrong with either.
Old Apr 19, 2007, 06:43 PM
Account Disabled

wheres the popcorn?

anyways, once im done with my motor, ill be going to robi as well. 1 bad review out of hundreds of good doesnt shy me away.
Old May 7, 2007, 11:38 PM
Evolving Member

i've got a IX, robi set me up with kw clubsports. I just started tracking the car, a little over a year ago.

Aside from the suspension bits, I've got an exhaust and a flash. Robis a pretty open guy as noted in the multitude of threads above.

I'll tell you this, Robi supports his customers. I was at the time attack at Buttonwillow a few weekends back. The stupid pins in my brake caliper managed to wiggle their way out and I lost both pins and the spring.

Robi shows up the next day with a whole friggin caliper hands it to me and says "take what you need and send me the caliper later". Thats support my friend.

I don't think i have reiterate the results of the cars he's setup.

Ohh and 1nastyevo, I think I was chasing you around during the practice sessions on sunday. I was the guy in teh gray evo with the blue tape on the side mirrors. That was fun!
Old May 8, 2007, 12:25 AM
Evolved Member

+1 for Robispec he setting my DMS 40 when the camber plates come in
Old May 8, 2007, 12:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo ippo
+1 for Robispec he setting my DMS 40 when the camber plates come in
Decided to keep them? I saw you were trying to sell them few weeks back.
Old May 8, 2007, 12:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by homiusang
Decided to keep them? I saw you were trying to sell them few weeks back.
it was a feeler but when i saw the Camber plates that i needed to get to run the DMS 40's which are hot so i committed to them so a phone call and $700 out of my Amex it a marriage
Old May 8, 2007, 12:56 AM
Evolving Member

For what its worth to anyone....Robi is a hard hitter on Evom....Mueller is a subsidary of RRE. RRE really is not of Evom fame in advertising. I find it to be natural for most to gravitate to Robi, HOWEVER... I know first hand (coming from a long career in suspension), that Mueller does meticulous work, and has a sort of "cult like" following. Having dealt many times with RRE, I can tell you that Mike Welch will not allow sub par craftmanship, NOR associate himself (in a personal, or business sense) with anyone who has "come backs". Hence forth, the clientel dedication for RRE/RRC. No offense to Robi...this is only my observation.
Old May 10, 2007, 09:39 PM
Evolving Member

good to hear

Quick Reply: robispec vs Muellerized