Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Whiteline Steering Kit

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2007, 07:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jamie@WORKS
Yes, a press is needed to remove the old joints and get the Whiteline roll-center kit pushed in. You'll have to take care as the arms are aluminum and can be damaged much easier than steel. Overall, the job isn't too difficult, just time consuming.

The steering precision kit doesn't need a press, but the sub-frame will need to be lowered to access everything. Even easier than above, but takes more time.
How many shop hrs to install just the steering perciision kit? This will let everyone knows how time consuming and difficult this is . Especially if doing it in your home garage.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 10:48 AM
Account Disabled

It takes 2-3 hours for me to do it using a lift. I usually increase that by 150%-200% when working on my back. It's virtually the "same" as a front sway bar install, so you may want to consider them both and/or do it with a clutch job once the transmission is out of the way.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes, a press is needed to remove the old joints and get the Whiteline roll-center kit pushed in. You'll have to take care as the arms are aluminum and can be damaged much easier than steel. Overall, the job isn't too difficult, just time consuming.

The steering precision kit doesn't need a press, but the sub-frame will need to be lowered to access everything. Even easier than above, but takes more time.
That's odd. I've done the roll center correction kit on my car...and didn't need a press. Just normal hand tools and some suspension specific tools like ball joint separator tool. Impact wrench helps too!

The rear bump steer kit I'll need a press though...luckily I have one. Haven't been able to get around to that though.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 12:05 AM

It takes 2-3 hours for me to do it using a lift. I usually increase that by 150%-200% when working on my back. It's virtually the "same" as a front sway bar install, so you may want to consider them both and/or do it with a clutch job once the transmission is out of the way.
Can the Norcal people show up to your shop and have the steering percision kit done for 2hrs of shop time???.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 11:24 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Vankuen
That's odd. I've done the roll center correction kit on my car...and didn't need a press. Just normal hand tools and some suspension specific tools like ball joint separator tool. Impact wrench helps too!

The rear bump steer kit I'll need a press though...luckily I have one. Haven't been able to get around to that though.
The front ball joints are pressed out/in on all of the ones I've installed. If you can do that with hand tools, you won't need a press for the rear kit
Old Dec 21, 2007, 11:37 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by DANRR05
Can the Norcal people show up to your shop and have the steering percision kit done for 2hrs of shop time???.
Give us call to discuss the details.
Old Dec 21, 2007, 08:07 PM

Give us call to discuss the details.
got your PM, great offer, unforfunately I already have my car apart, can I pass on your offer to the Norcal peeps??

Last edited by DANRR05; Dec 21, 2007 at 09:16 PM.