Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

PIC/PURE Tuning Coilover Review

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2007, 08:05 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PIC/PURE Tuning Coilover Review

Well I finnally got a chance to really try these babies out, and All I can say is

I got to put these to the test today, at mid ohio sports car course and I was absolutly 100% satisfied and flored at the performance of the car. I purchased the Pure tuning/PIC TSO version coilovers after much consideration and weighing of all the options out there. I can honestly say that Pure and PIC have put alot of time and research into these coilovers and it pays off. The TSO model is developed after Pures tunner shoot out evo. You basically get a custom set up suspension thats made specifically for the evo, not a coilover that can be used on alot of cars, but the evo specific. They come pre set up and ready to bolt on and go. I took my car to a performance alignment shop to get aligend and have the corner weighting checked. As far as the corner weight went that car was basically dead spot on. There always will be some differences car to car, based on chasis varences, parts, and weight of driver, but you hoenstly could have bolted these right on, got and alignement and enjoyed. I was running a 255 40 17 falken aziens on my stock bbs wheels, the car was so controlable around the track and nuetral, I was amazed how hard I could push street tires and feel that confident that the car was going to go where I Wanted it to. When I reached the limit of the tires, a little throttle, or brake easily helped me bring the car back on to the line before giving up to much in the corner. I looked at all my options before buying these, this is my second evo, and I wanted a suspension that I Could drive at a higher level, in autox and hpde/ lapping days and still drive to the events on. The car is comfortable on the street, and a couple turns on the shocks and your ready to race. When you compare all you get plus the FANTASTIC support from Pure tunning, and PIC there is not a better value coilover out there. You cant get a customized pre setup coilover plus the satisfaction that if somethings wrong, The company is here in the states, ready and willing to help get it correct asap. IF your considering a coilover for your evo, I cant say enought how happy and satisfied I am with this setup, and the price and service that comes with them is unbeatable when you weight all your options! The most important thing of all is that the work and work well!

Sorry for any typos, or ramblings its been a long day!
Old Apr 20, 2007, 09:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
But what were your times before and after?
Old Apr 21, 2007, 05:00 AM
Evolving Member

Any pics mate?
Old Apr 21, 2007, 01:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
But what were your times before and after?
Unfortantly I dont have any times. Will have more info once I have had a chance to autox. I have been racing for 7 years, Ive driven alot of cars, and had alot of different setups. I was just speaking from my impressions and experences in the past with this car and others. There isn't really a way to compare time in autox since the course is different everytime. If you have ever Done any hpde or driving events like it you aren't timed.
Old Apr 21, 2007, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I wasn't talking about autox anyway - I thought you said you were on a road course. You are allowed to get timed in NASA HPDE 3 & 4.
Old Apr 21, 2007, 04:42 PM
Evolving Member

I was on a road course, unfortunatly they wouldn't time us in hpde 1&2. I dont think your timed in 3&4 but you could be..I am new to nasa events I sure was dying to know my times though!
Old Apr 21, 2007, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

It may depend on the region, but they let us rent transponders (or use our own) on the NASA Rocky Mountain region once we hit HPDE3, but definitely not in 1/2.
Old Apr 21, 2007, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, I have to agree with CF here too. I also have the same setup and was also at mid-ohio this weekend. The car was a blast to drive -- especially through madness!!!

My first time ever on a roadcourse and I am hooked. Just like CF, running on street tires never inspired so much confidence in the car (compared to stock of course). I never had a situation where the car pushed -- rotated very easily and at times you could throttle steer the car just a bit to get the rear to bite in.

Very nice coilover -- recommended highly! Contact PURE tuning today for a great setup!
Old Apr 21, 2007, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Do you guys know what brand they're using as the basis for this setup? Ohlins, KW, DMS, etc...?
Old Apr 21, 2007, 08:36 PM
Evolving Member

not a clue, for what I understand PIC is there own company based out of chicago. There more well known in the honda world.
Old Apr 22, 2007, 05:40 AM
Evolving Member

The TSO setup by puretuning whats the ride height like.
Do you have any side on shots of your car?
Old Apr 22, 2007, 08:03 AM

Pics would be good
Old Apr 22, 2007, 08:10 AM
Evolving Member

I can take some pics of the car for you guys. Its not rediculously low, I can still get my jack under it, and dont have any problems with curbs and what not. Of course gotta drive over large ones at an angle, but thats with any lowered car.

here is alink to the pure set up

http://www.pure-tuning.com/catalog/p...oducts_id=1963
Old Apr 22, 2007, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

They look like all the other "Cloned" Coilovers...

Old Apr 22, 2007, 12:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CarFanatic
I can take some pics of the car for you guys. Its not rediculously low, I can still get my jack under it, and dont have any problems with curbs and what not. Of course gotta drive over large ones at an angle, but thats with any lowered car.

here is alink to the pure set up

http://www.pure-tuning.com/catalog/p...oducts_id=1963
My car is a daily driver so I have some speed bumps to contend with in my work carpark.
Also I have bilsteins with hks kansai springs and I love the look of this setup so if I didnt like the ride height I would just by the coilovers not setup and do it myself.

Quick Reply: PIC/PURE Tuning Coilover Review