Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

front roll center adjustment parts

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2007, 02:12 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts
front roll center adjustment parts

I was just wondering whether there was anything on the market other than the Whiteline ball joint extender kit to adjust front roll center on an Evo7/8/9?

Has anyone installed the WL kit themselves? I was just wondering how well the WL ball joints fit the control arms -- whether any modification is necessary or whether they just press in as easily as an OEM part.

Thanks!
Old May 10, 2007, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think Nagisa or Deck Mechanical sells front LCA's with adjustable BJ position. $$$$ more than the Whiteline kit. PM Mark or robi, I'm sure they they know more about those products.
Old May 11, 2007, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts
Definitely price prohibitive on those, especially considering they are full rod end/spherical bearing, will be a little harsh on the street, and will require regular maintainence. Something like 1400 from RMR (lower than Lancershop I believe) for the pair.

http://lancershop.com/customer/produ...cat=103&page=1

Last edited by JohnBradley; May 11, 2007 at 08:34 AM.
Old May 11, 2007, 10:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO8LTW
I was just wondering whether there was anything on the market other than the Whiteline ball joint extender kit to adjust front roll center on an Evo7/8/9?

Has anyone installed the WL kit themselves? I was just wondering how well the WL ball joints fit the control arms -- whether any modification is necessary or whether they just press in as easily as an OEM part.

Thanks!
i installed the whiteline kit it was pretty straight forward, but requires a press and i also installed a energy suspension lower control arm bushing kit since you already got the whole LCA out does it work ????? ill find out this weeken Streets of willow on sunday
Old Jun 9, 2007, 03:37 PM

I just finished installing the Whiteline kit and the Energy bushings in my front control arms today. I have stock springs. The first thing I noticed is the steering response is quicker and almost all body roll is gone. I can whip the steering wheel back and forth at 40 mph and the response is incredible. No more feeling like your going to wipe out cutting the wheel sharply back and forth. The car can be pushed a lot further. The suspension is tight, but my steering wheel feels sloppy now for the upgrade. I can see why they partner the roll kit with the percison steering kit. I have it, and will install it soon. This kit with the bushings makes a HUGE difference.
Old Jun 9, 2007, 08:43 PM
Evolving Member

I concur with LEWCREW...

Dennis
Old Jun 9, 2007, 10:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you guys should check out the Steering Precision kit for the EVO as well its like with F1 type of steering precision ..
Old Jun 10, 2007, 10:18 PM
Evolving Member

You can do it without a press if your lucky. I wasn't. Didn't think the ball joint clamp was going to do it. Stuck the arms in my press.
Attached Thumbnails front roll center adjustment parts-dsc00626.jpg   front roll center adjustment parts-dsc00625.jpg   front roll center adjustment parts-dsc00608.jpg   front roll center adjustment parts-dsc00607.jpg   front roll center adjustment parts-dsc00606.jpg  

Old Jun 12, 2007, 06:16 AM
Evolving Member

The Whiteline roll center kit is a must do IMHO. This is why:

Raising the roll center increases roll stiffness. Its done within the suspension geometry by changing the angle of the control arm.

When lowering the car the control arm angle changes and the suspension geometry changes putting the roll center under the ground when you plot it. This is not good. The car will have a much greater tendancy to roll and over load outside tire, which will lose grip because its overloaded. With enough suspension compression, camber will go to positive, also contributes to loss of grip.

Some solve this by stiff springs and bars. But the best way is to fix the geometry problem first. So, increasing roll stiffness will keep the car flater through cornering keeping the inside tire doing some of the work. It also helps to keep the negative camber there to compensate for tire roll.

In terms of what you'll feel, it will be like adding a larger front sway bar WITHOUT the negatives of doing so.

I'll soon have this kit on my car and update this topic:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=263315
Old Jun 12, 2007, 08:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Speed Element
you guys should check out the Steering Precision kit for the EVO as well its like with F1 type of steering precision ..
do you carry this kit? if so how much ..

thanks
Old Jun 12, 2007, 08:53 AM
Evolving Member

The ball joints(WL kit) fit perfectly in the control arm like they should. You need a press however to get the old ones out and the new ones in. Make sure you align the slot in the upper joint so you could slide the bolts back in or you will hate your life. The tie rod ends are a piece of cake, two minutes job. This is one of of the best mods I have done so far, it's almost like cheating as the car turns flatter with considerably less roll and understeer.
Old Jun 19, 2007, 08:33 AM

Is an alignment needed after this install?

Last edited by darqnez; Jun 19, 2007 at 08:36 AM.
Old Jun 19, 2007, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

I would say . . . YES.
Old Jun 19, 2007, 05:51 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

If you remove a suspension part... getting an alignment is always a smart bet.
Old Jun 20, 2007, 06:42 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by LEWCREW
I just finished installing the Whiteline kit and the Energy bushings in my front control arms today. I have stock springs. The first thing I noticed is the steering response is quicker and almost all body roll is gone. I can whip the steering wheel back and forth at 40 mph and the response is incredible. No more feeling like your going to wipe out cutting the wheel sharply back and forth. The car can be pushed a lot further. The suspension is tight, but my steering wheel feels sloppy now for the upgrade. I can see why they partner the roll kit with the percison steering kit. I have it, and will install it soon. This kit with the bushings makes a HUGE difference.
So you're saying this made an improvement even at the stock ride height?

Quick Reply: front roll center adjustment parts