Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

HELP! Powder coat brembo failure!

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2007 | 09:48 AM

HELP! Powder coat brembo failure!

Alright so a couple months ago i decided i did not want pink boo's anymore. So i researched the correct procedures for dissambly of the calipers called brembo race technologys about how to remove the internal seals so they don't melt. Brought them to a reputable powdercoating company and they told me they needed to be sandblasted/glass beaded so i took them to MARCO sandblasting in mlps minnesota. i stressed to them the lack of tolerances on the matting surfaces, told them this is how the fluid is pumped from one side of the caliper to the other. there is ZERO TOLERANCE FOR ANY OVERSPRAY ON THE TEFLON COATING! i also stressed that you cant get any residue in the piston wholes. Well they could not of screwed this up anymore! when i was told they were done and to come pick them up, i was very excited, upon arrival i wanted to shoot someone. instantly when i saw this i said this was unacaptable, this will not work and they ruined my brakes, i said theese COST MORE THAN 2,000 for the just the rears. When i told them this they seemed understanding and gave me the owners information and to contact him. well 5 messages and 20 calls later i get ahold of this slimeball hick. i have already contacted mitsu for a qoute to replace them, he said fax him the invoice and he will reimburse me. well i send him the receipt from mitsu cost is over 3,000 for just the rears he imideatly calls me back and says "what are you smoking crack! my boys told me you said they were 2,000. Im not paying this!" Well i get a letter from some rinky dinky lawyer saying it was a fake invoice and that i ruined them by slpitting them. well i know you can do this what i am asking for is feed back from people who have done this so i can prove there not ruined but mine obviusly cannot be put back together like this!
Old May 31, 2007 | 09:49 AM

Old May 31, 2007 | 09:50 AM

Old May 31, 2007 | 09:51 AM

yes that is duct tape they used to "seal" the piston hole
Old May 31, 2007 | 09:52 AM
Evolving Member

** cough ** warranty.
Old May 31, 2007 | 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Take them to small claims court...No Lawyers allowed!
How can this be a warranty claim???
Old May 31, 2007 | 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Bash
** cough ** warranty.
What are you kidding me? Why would you even say warranty? Do you mean that is what he should have done in the first place?

To the OP; I would have mitsu call the shop directly and go through the invoice...
Old May 31, 2007 | 10:04 AM

thanks please keep the feed back coming
Old May 31, 2007 | 10:05 AM

the sanblasting company told me to shave off the matting surfaces to get them within tolerance! wtf!
Old May 31, 2007 | 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

So what is wrong with them? You asked them to be sanblasted, and they look blasted to me. Duct tape did its job... Just put a little silicon in there it'l be awright.
Old May 31, 2007 | 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

What was your reasoning for this in the first place?
Old May 31, 2007 | 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Pr3z
What was your reasoning for this in the first place?
they turned into pink boos, i didnt want to constantly be re clearing them so i read some diy on here and followed the procedures, i get them back and the matting surfaces (were they meet up) are blasted away. this surface is teflon coated.
Old May 31, 2007 | 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Dinothegreat
So what is wrong with them? You asked them to be sanblasted, and they look blasted to me. Duct tape did its job... Just put a little silicon in there it'l be awright.
not at even close to the feedback i was looking for. but thanks for the idea? duct tape didnt do its job because the inside of the pistons are pitted and the surfaces that had zero tolerance, the matting side is completly pitted and blasted. 3 out of 8 surfaces had overspary around the edges the othe 5 were completley blasted.
Old May 31, 2007 | 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

This sounds like what happened to my BBS's. A dealer detailed the car and discolored my wheels. The manager looked at the wheels and said "yup, you need new wheels". Then he found out the cost. I still have not seen a penny and I am taking them to court.

I could write a book on my bad experiences from people working on my cars. You have no idea the money and problems people have costed me. Also, as I write this the clutch is being changed in my evo. Please pray they don't mess up my baby.

I hope you the best of luck, but you will probably just be bent over and raped with no lube
Old May 31, 2007 | 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

Hey man hope you know brembo doesnt recommend them to be powdercoated only painted. I talk to a rep and thats what he told me so i had them painted

Quick Reply: HELP! Powder coat brembo failure!