Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Rolling Fenders?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2007, 06:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rolling Fenders?

I am ordering Advan RS 18x9 wheels with Advan Sport 255/35 tires, In case I have to roll my fenders...who could I take it to to get it done professionally?
Old Jun 2, 2007, 09:40 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you don't have a fender roller to do it, you should take it to a bodyshop where they had done this in the past.

If you do, I posted a thread about fender rolling awhile ago, you can use those pix as guidelines.
Old Jun 3, 2007, 05:14 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xkryptonitex
I am ordering Advan RS 18x9 wheels with Advan Sport 255/35 tires, In case I have to roll my fenders...who could I take it to to get it done professionally?

what part of west virginia are you in?
Old Jun 3, 2007, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Take one Evo+heat gun+1 baseball bat (wooden). The heat gun is used to soften the paint a little to prevent (or at least minimize) paint cracking. Work the inner flange surface of the fender back and forth using the tire as a fulcrum. Use a floorjack to add 'just' the right amount of fender/tire clearance for the bat to wedge in there. If there is some paint cracking use a touch-up brush to cover exposed ares.
With a little patience it's easy.
Old Jun 3, 2007, 04:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by eddie
Take one Evo+heat gun+1 baseball bat (wooden). The heat gun is used to soften the paint a little to prevent (or at least minimize) paint cracking. Work the inner flange surface of the fender back and forth using the tire as a fulcrum. Use a floorjack to add 'just' the right amount of fender/tire clearance for the bat to wedge in there. If there is some paint cracking use a touch-up brush to cover exposed ares.
With a little patience it's easy.
I would do this on a '91 240SX but not on my thirty thousand dollar EVO.

I also would like to know a good place to have this done professionally in the PA/MD/WV area.
Old Jun 3, 2007, 04:20 PM
Evolving Member

I am going to just take it where I had the custom work on my previous rx8. Its in Chapmanville, WV. I think it would be a silly drive from the guy from PA though.
Any custom paint shop should be able to do this as I have found out.
Old Jun 3, 2007, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by kryptonitex
I am going to just take it where I had the custom work on my previous rx8. Its in Chapmanville, WV. I think it would be a silly drive from the guy from PA though.
Any custom paint shop should be able to do this as I have found out.
Well I only live about 30mins from the WV border so I thought I'd throw that out there. There is a place literally 2 blocks from my place, G-Force Design Concepts, that has had numerous cars in Hot Rod Magazine over the years and I am sure they can handle this no problem...if they dont mind working on am import that is.
Old Jun 3, 2007, 04:37 PM
Evolving Member

haha.
Old Jun 3, 2007, 05:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
rolling fenders is very easy. Any bodyshop with a roller will be able to do it. You can do it yourself as well, trust me. As long as you take your time you should be good. How much shops charge for rolling anyways ?
Old Jun 3, 2007, 10:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TURBevO8
I would do this on a '91 240SX but not on my thirty thousand dollar EVO.

I also would like to know a good place to have this done professionally in the PA/MD/WV area.
Oh come on. It's an Evo, not the Hope Diamond. Besides, what do you think the body shop is going to do differently (besides charge you $200.00 for the work)?
Old Jun 3, 2007, 11:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by eddie
Oh come on. It's an Evo, not the Hope Diamond. Besides, what do you think the body shop is going to do differently (besides charge you $200.00 for the work)?

Lol, A body shop is not going to take a baseball bat to your fenders.. They have a special tool that does it much more smoothly...
Old Jun 4, 2007, 07:33 AM

http://www.nengun.com/nengun/fender-roller

if you have a couple of friends that want to rent it for a dollars or ten, It might be worth it.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 10:56 AM
Evolving Member

Lol, I have called 2 body shops here and they said they have never heard of a fender roller..
Old Jun 4, 2007, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

have you tried calling any wheel shops yet?
Old Jun 4, 2007, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you know how to put the wheels on the car you should not have bigger problems doing it, speak with letMeIn about renting the tool. We did two cars in one afternoon it not that difficult.

Quick Reply: Rolling Fenders?