Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Self Alignment help

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29, 2007, 02:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
haha..yeah I also got the toe arms too.I got it cause I too am putting whiteline parts on, the roll correction kit.Adjusting the toe seems fairly easy from tire to tire but I'd like to go off a centerline on the car so its not offset side to side at 0 toe..if that makes sense.Those are decent times for the dyno at SE on 91oct.On my car, I have 3"TBE, ported/coated EX mani,hotside and ebay o2,hyperforce ignition,GSC 280/272 cams,ARC intake box,nesei LICP, tuned on 95oct.
Old Jun 29, 2007, 02:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Z06Samuel
Thanks Mark, I have the "arrows" on the camber bolts both facing inside. Still the same problem persists. I am begining to think that the top hats of the coilovers are the problem? I have them full positive and the camber bolts @ -1, still no change.
The arrow is on the eccentric bolts, which is the top of the two bolts that mounts the strut to the knuckle. If you point the arrow outside, you will get two degrees negative. If you point the arrow inside, you will only get one degree negative.

My camber plate on my Ohlins can adjust up to almost 4 degree negative. I am not sure if you are trying to get to positive camber. (But it sounds like you are) On most camber plates there are four to five holes on each side that you can insert your adjustment bolt to. You should be able to move your adjustment bolts to the inside holes and get more postive or negative camber out of them. Hope this helps.
Old Aug 26, 2007, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

Is flipping the eccentric bolt the only means to adjust camber on a stock setup? Is it -1 or -2 and nothing in between?

Just food for thought... With newly installed Megan coilovers installed as they were setup from the factory, the eccentric bolts flipped and the car on a level surface I read -2.5 degrees on both sides. The car was leveled usind 1/8" think floor tile from Home Depot. My garage is NOT level.
Old Aug 27, 2007, 12:13 PM

I found a low spot in my garage, and adjusted the top bolt positions in the camber plates and went with a professional alignment to double check/correct my work. It is now perfect minus the excessive camber in the rear.
Sam
Old Jan 28, 2008, 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by marksae
It does sound like one of your eccentric bolts are off.. here's a diagram from the shop manual.

Looks like you got the ENGRISH version of the manual. It says "Install the bolt turning the ALLOW(-->) to the direction of vehicle inside."
ROFL
Old Jan 28, 2008, 12:49 PM

It ended up being the camber plate placement. AND my garage was not leveled!
Sam
Old Jul 26, 2009, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Anyone that does self alignments have one of those special boards that measure camber or toe?

I'm looking for recommendations.

I've used the string method to set the toe, but looking for a good/easy way to verify camber.