Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Wierd clunking noise after spring install...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2007, 01:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts
Wierd clunking noise after spring install...

HELP --> I just bought a completely stock 05 Evo last week. I put some Tein S Tech's on it and now the car pulls to the right, while clunking from the right over small bumps. (Didn't clunk before). It's wierd. Also, the left front tire was worn really bad on the inside, but the three other tires were normal when I took them off.

I am wondering if it is possible that the right strut was already blown before I put the springs on, hence the wear on the left tire?

Also when I first put the front struts on the car, it made a lot of noise when I turned the wheel back and forth, so I took the struts back off and pulled them apart thinking that maybe I had put them together wrong. I put them back together and then back on the car and the noise stopped when I turned the wheel, but it is still there when I drive over bumps.

This is pretty strange to me, as this is the third time I have put S Tech's on one of my Evo's and this is the first time I've had problems like this.
Old Jul 3, 2007, 08:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 77 Likes on 52 Posts
Bump!