Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Tein S-Tech

Search this Thread

Old Dec 23, 2007, 04:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I have the S-Techs and they aren't that bad at all, I think they actually ride nicer than the stock springs do. I haven't pushed the car enough to test the handling differences, but the look and ride are nice.
Old Mar 16, 2008, 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just installed a set of S-Techs and soo far they are pretty sweet. the handling is nice and the drop is pretty slammed

i scrape everywhere
Old Mar 21, 2008, 10:20 PM
Evolving Member

most ppl bashing teins never even bought the product
how forums go
i have teins on other vehicles they are just fine.

dont listen to all the bench racers
reaserch the products and make a sound choice
i dont like my car 1/2" off the ground like others do so i choose a more streetable spring like the s-tech
Old Mar 21, 2008, 10:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Turbodemon
how forums go

What are you talking about? These are PROVEN to be horrid on an Evo. They reduce handling and blow the shocks due to being too low. This has nothing to do with "other" vehicles, and being "fine" says absolutely nothing. They absolutely are terrible on the Evo.

That being said, I have no idea how they work on a POS Lancer. All I know is this is the _EVO ADVANCED_ forum, so the thread is in no way applicable.

i dont like my car 1/2" off the ground like others do so i choose a more streetable spring like the s-tech
Is this a typo? S-Techs are the LEAST streetable and LOWEST springs you can even get for the Evo. You must be talking about some other car, which means it's completely irrelevant.
Old Mar 24, 2008, 10:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
how forums go

U got pwned son, damm the bench racers 1. Trubodemon 0, in your face sir
Old Apr 14, 2008, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Alright, I will add my $0.02 here

Tein-S Tech's for the Evo dont seem to be a very smart choice. The drop is too much to retain the stock shocks. For these springs to work you'd need a shock that had an adjustable perch.

In Teins defense, not all of their products are bad. I have owned many Tein Products on multiple cars. I can confidently say that most of their products are very nice. I have had Flex's on a RSX-S, and an STi, I've had dress-up springs on a Honda EJ8 coupe, and I had some SS-P's on a Del Sol. All of those set-ups were awesome except the springs. The springs seemed to get softer over time, and eventually the shocks leaked and I sold the car.

The Del Sol, Sti, and RSX however were awesome! They all handled great, and were very streetable. On the Del Sol, I also had a pair of Koni Yellows, and ground control coilovers. I liked these better, but nonetheless the Teins were decent.

Before you guys go bashing stuff and commenting on things you need to think some stuff over. Like who installed the suspension, how was the car driven and maintained, the condition of the roads its being driven on, ect. I've had a lot of cars and have been through a lot of forums, and while there is a lot of info here, some people are very iggnorant.

Again, this is my $0.02 from the experiences I have had. take it or leave it.
Old Apr 14, 2008, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
What are you talking about? These are PROVEN to be horrid on an Evo. They reduce handling and blow the shocks due to being too low. This has nothing to do with "other" vehicles, and being "fine" says absolutely nothing. They absolutely are terrible on the Evo.

That being said, I have no idea how they work on a POS Lancer. All I know is this is the _EVO ADVANCED_ forum, so the thread is in no way applicable.

Is this a typo? S-Techs are the LEAST streetable and LOWEST springs you can even get for the Evo. You must be talking about some other car, which means it's completely irrelevant.

I have been running them for 6 months now about 10k miles and have had no issue's to me they dont feel any worse than stock but im not to concerned with them blowing the struts they are on as i bought them installed on the struts for 100$ shipped. I just wanted my car somewhat lower. I drove the car to florida from nc after i installed these springs and had zero issues with the ride. Honestly do i believe they are the best option for a spring No... do i believe that any lowering spring on stock struts do you much good No... I say if your really concerned you will get some coil overs. For my situation and price point it worked out great for me untill i can save my money and buy a set of coilovers. All though if i was buying a new set of springs to install on my struts this would not be the one!
Old Apr 14, 2008, 05:31 PM

I have them on my EVO and I don't like them. (purchased that way) The slam is too aggressive. I prefer the swifts look by far, much more even look. However I won't be replacing them, I'll just get coilovers when my shocks go and be done with it.
Old Aug 18, 2008, 05:55 PM
Evolving Member

Just FYI, I've had the blistens and S-techs for a year WITH 7 track days(yes SEVEN track days) and not a peep.
I do wish I have coilovers now, but I really can't complain. I don't care about how much seconds I shave off the track and my car is daily driver. I don't see any signs that my setup will go south anytime soon either. We visually check under my car before each road race sessions and everything looks great.

In fact my friend who I bought this setup from bought himself a nice JIC suspension and he's suspension blew before mine.(Of course JIC took good care for him)

I only want the coilovers now because I am ready to go to the next level on road racing. From my experience these springs aren't HORRIBLE like many are saying. Yes, the drop is pretty steep, however.

I may have been a rare one, but I am not having ANY issues with the springs.
End of my story
Old Aug 18, 2008, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I have the S.Techs on stock GSR KYB shocks and am happy with them. Over 20k daily-driven miles (including Minnesota winters and autocross) and the shocks are still going strong. The ride is very good considering the aggressive drop and my handling is performing as it should on the track.
Old Sep 6, 2008, 04:16 PM

Tein's with Koni shocks work great. Tein springs are soft so turn the Koni's half a turn from full stiff with big sway bars and you will have an excellent HPDE setup for not alot of $
Old Sep 6, 2008, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 05mazdarx8
Tein's with Koni shocks work great. Tein springs are soft so turn the Koni's half a turn from full stiff with big sway bars and you will have an excellent HPDE setup for not alot of $
Not on an Evo. They are the single worst springs you can get on an Evo. I sure hope you weren't referring to the Evo with this post, because if so, it is the worst advice you could give. It's an absolutely terrible setup to recommend that will be terrible for the Evo and a waste of money.
Old Oct 4, 2008, 06:48 PM

Welcome to EVOm...
As most of the Evomers know Tein springs is the "best" spring that can mess up your stock suspension in a very short time. Try to find other brand such as Swift.
Hope this may help
Old Oct 4, 2008, 07:05 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
To the OP - Swift does make springs for your car.

Platform CS6A/CS7A. Part number 4M903
Front: 111-196 lb/in, -1.2 drop
Rear: 111-157 lb/in, -1.0 drop
Old Oct 6, 2008, 01:58 PM
Evolving Member

how come tein suspension sucks????? i got them on my evo and dont see anything wrong or got a problem with them

Quick Reply: Tein S-Tech