Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

suspension set up

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2007, 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by robi
robispec clubsports 2800
rear sway, front roll center/bumpsteer kit, rear trailing arm bushings, rear bumpsteer kit, everything installed, aligned and cornerweighted for 1100
your evo then will out turn 95% of the evos out there (lots of other robispec evos lol)
How much for these parts without install, counterweighting and alignment? Live too far from socal.

Last edited by mievoIX; Sep 14, 2007 at 07:20 AM.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 10:16 AM
ZK
Evolved Member

Just use whatever you have... You don't need award winning, professionally set up suspension system to go out there and drive. Autocross is much more about driver education vs car set up. Once you get really good at driving your car then look to upgrade.

Back in 2002, I ran in SCCA ST-X class and took a first place finish for the season in our local California SCCA Chapter in a Honda Civic with nothing more than a Tein Type HA coilover set up and a rear Mugen sway bar.

Of course it's a lot more competitive now but just go out there and have fun!
Old Sep 17, 2007, 06:18 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mievoIX
How much for these parts without install, counterweighting and alignment? Live too far from socal.
I was also wondering this!

I know that people are saying drive my car get better but if you didnt read i have s-type springs and everyone says there worst then stock so iam just trying to fix that problem.
Old Sep 18, 2007, 05:01 AM
Evolving Member

bump
Old Sep 18, 2007, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by DaWorstPlaya
GC coilover conversion kit and spacers come to mind

I don't understand why people keep recommending this mod especially when it throws you into a very high class. I understand the benefits of it ... I just don't think anyone would want to do this mod and end up in SM or higher ... Most people can't even afford to build competetive STU cars.
Front roll center kit will move you into SM? Didn't know that, but I don't have it either. I have the KW streets (comfy and fast). My recommendation is to pay for a great suspension setup now and it will last a while. If you cheap out, you'll be paying for it again. Robi knows what I'm talking about, if he remembers the 6,000th evo he did . You've got a lot of advice on this forum, but know that you should listen to the real professional.
Old Sep 19, 2007, 05:45 AM
Evolving Member

EVOcuda
Just wondering what setup you went with from Robi? Are you satisfied? Should i do the coilover's with everything at once or them by themself's is fine?
Old Sep 19, 2007, 07:12 AM

This is what I went with: KW Streets because of comfort $2100 (clubsports are faster, but stiffer $2800, but not that bad). I also did the Adv suspension package with the bushings but not front roll center kit. I'm not the experienced road racer, so I just wanted a really good package to start from to do AutoX and the occasional track day. In either case, further upgrades can be made should I feel like it.

I do recommend you get them (bushings, sways, and CO's) together if you're getting set up by Robi (Roh-Bee). Nothing is a must, but it's nice to have this great transformation. I'd say the best part is the alignment.

Also know that the KW V3's Robi sells aren't the standard KW's - they are custom valved for the Evo to his specs. I have heard mixed reviews about the standard ones on our cars.

I'm so satisfied it's ridiculous.
Old Sep 19, 2007, 07:47 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOcuda
This is what I went with: KW Streets because of comfort $2100 (clubsports are faster, but stiffer $2800, but not that bad). I also did the Adv suspension package with the bushings but not front roll center kit. I'm not the experienced road racer, so I just wanted a really good package to start from to do AutoX and the occasional track day. In either case, further upgrades can be made should I feel like it.

I do recommend you get them (bushings, sways, and CO's) together if you're getting set up by Robi (Roh-Bee). Nothing is a must, but it's nice to have this great transformation. I'd say the best part is the alignment.

Also know that the KW V3's Robi sells aren't the standard KW's - they are custom valved for the Evo to his specs. I have heard mixed reviews about the standard ones on our cars.

I'm so satisfied it's ridiculous.

Thanks for the input it really helped me out alot!! I also heared some things about his tuned kw v3's but i haven't had to much info on them. My i ask what sway's u are running? Is there any i should stay away from?
Old Sep 21, 2007, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

Bump
Old Sep 21, 2007, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Old Sep 21, 2007, 06:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Go out there and learn your car, or you'll end up getting beat by a stock civic on eibachs and konis.

About two years ago, I was at an auto-x and a group of guys showed up in their evos. They were all lowered on nice suspension, had nice rubber, and other suspension tidbits (swaybars, arms, etc.) Then there was me, stock as crap 03 with All season Kuhmo's.

I'm not that great of a driver, but I ended up posting fastest time of all the evo's there.