Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

New Girodisc Rotors!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2007, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by dudical26

If you want better stopping distance you will need to get different pads or bigger calipers.
I disagree. When your stock brake system is strong enough to lock up all 4 tires, and evenly matched so the front and rear locks up at approximately the same time -- your minimum possible stopping distance is completely dependent on the friction between your tires and the road.

Go to a grippier surface -- you can stop shorter. Get grippier tires -- you can stop shorter. Big rotors or sticky pads or 20-piston calipers won't do a thing.

Back on topic, I've been running the GiroDisc rotors for over 2 years and love them. They have hardly any wear after 20k + road miles and 2 full year's of autocrosses.

I've talked with Marin several times and am having a custom set of ultralite rotors built for next year's racing. (just have to wait until the budget recovers!! )

EVOlutionary
Old Aug 4, 2007, 08:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just looked at my bill, and I got a better deal than I thought, 1600 shipped for all 4 corners.
Old Aug 5, 2007, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would like to see them installed in you car!!! pics please!
Old Aug 6, 2007, 01:17 PM
Evolving Member

I haven't had a chance to instal them yet, maybe tomorrow, but I am going out of town on Thursday so it might be weekend after next. I will get them up as soon as I can.
Old Aug 6, 2007, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Holy Hell them *****es expensive
Old Aug 6, 2007, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

I to am running a set of cross drilled rotors from giro disc (with the red hats). I picked them up from another evom member who had them special ordered for his show car (ie I got them slightly used).

I was worried about the cross drilling effects and cracking also. But I've had them on the car for over a year, two HPDE events, and not any signs of cracking yet. Granted, I'm not a track monster like some here, but for the "average" person, these will probably work very well. I'm totally satisfied with mine, and they do look sick mounted.

I've run cross drilled Power Slot rotors on supras before, and they cracked quickly. Drilling a rotor isn't the best thing for it, but I do believe there are degrees of 'rightness' on how to do it, and giro disc knows what they're doing.
Old Aug 7, 2007, 02:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dubbleugly01
I to am running a set of cross drilled rotors from giro disc (with the red hats). I picked them up from another evom member who had them special ordered for his show car (ie I got them slightly used).

I was worried about the cross drilling effects and cracking also. But I've had them on the car for over a year, two HPDE events, and not any signs of cracking yet. Granted, I'm not a track monster like some here, but for the "average" person, these will probably work very well. I'm totally satisfied with mine, and they do look sick mounted.

I've run cross drilled Power Slot rotors on supras before, and they cracked quickly. Drilling a rotor isn't the best thing for it, but I do believe there are degrees of 'rightness' on how to do it, and giro disc knows what they're doing.
Good to hear, Martin basically said, I would get Slotted if you are doing HPDE but I have several customers who do HPDE's with no problem on their CDS rotors.