Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Wheel Spacers

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2002, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wheel Spacers

Does anyone know where I can get wheel spacers for an EVO 6.
I ordered a new set of BBS CH 18" wheels that didn't fit.

The wheel supplier then provided one BBS RK 11 wheel which
also didnt fit.

Those bloody Brembo calipers are just to big.

Can you get wheel spacers to ensure they fit are is this
a bad idea. I think I need about 10mm to clear the calipers
for the BBS RK 11.

I really like the BBS RK 11 and will fit these wheels if I can get a solution.

Also I live in the UK.

Many Thanks

Skeletor
Old Mar 27, 2002, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Damn! 10mm?!?!?! That sounds a lot and personally I wouldn't do it. Well, I wouldn't use any spacers, but 10mm does sound an awful lot. There's some German company that makes them, but I think your wheel supplier should know a company that can make custom made spacers as I wouldn't exactly call it rocket science. Clive has some on his car, maybe he can help. Note that you'll also need longer bolts, probably of higher tensile than standard. If you really need spacers that big I would leave the whole thing. Just get some nice 17s that are made in the right size. They weight less, clear the calipers, look better and incerease the performance of your car, rather than decreasing it with heavier wheels like those BBS are.
Old Mar 27, 2002, 10:15 PM

wheel spacers

Michaelk,

I am now thinking down the same lines.

I have been told by someone else not to fit spacers especially if I intend to do track days.

I may now stick to the original wheels and go for a brake upgrade kit or possibly look at differnt wheels in a 17" fitment.

Thanks for your replies.

Seem to get a better response on this site than the MLR site.

Skeletor
Old Mar 27, 2002, 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

there's upgrades which fit into 17s like the normal AP or movit, you don't need more stopping power. Even the Bembos are enough, just get some different discs and pads. F.e. CTF discs and Ferodo or Pagid pads.
Old Mar 28, 2002, 12:34 AM

Pads & Disks

Michaelk,

I have already ordered some Pagid RS 4-2 pads due to the Brembo's being very low.

What are CTF disks. Do you have any info on them.

Cheers

Skeletor
Old Mar 29, 2002, 07:49 PM
Evolved Member

sorry skeleton , was busy these days. CTF have a homepage (i think www.centertecnofreni.com, or something), you can find it by typing CTF+freni into google I think. Actually, Sandtler also have the pics I believe, www.sandtler.de, then find their brakes section, they are in there somewhere. The man to call to order them is Paul Liwowski +49 2327986799. They'll take about a month to be delivered. Sandtler had a set there until about a week ago, but some cheeky bugger bought them These discs are two-piece with an anodised aluminium bell and either slit/drilled or only slit rotors. Very well made and haven't warped yet although quite a few people use them quite hard. You can also call straight to Italy, but be ready to laugh your head off, cause their English is very interessante...
Old Mar 29, 2002, 10:53 PM

Discs

Michaelk & Claudius,

I have decided against new wheels and will concentrate on more performance mods and possible brake upgrade.

I have fitted a Blitz Nur-Spec exhaust today that sound the dogs and is better quality than the HKS Super Drager that was on the car.

The spelling of discs was a typo error. Should have read the message thoroughly before posting.

Claudius don’t insult me I am British through and through.

Is there anywhere in the UK that supplies CTF discs as it seems a lot of aggravation ordering from abroad.

Any idea on the cost of these discs.

Cheers Skeletor
Old Mar 29, 2002, 11:03 PM
Evolved Member

Heltah Skeltah, it's no aggaravation to order them from abroad, quite a few people order things from abroad, even in the UK, all the time. The main difference from ordering from the UK directly probably is that you'll get what you ordered, at a cheaper price, I know, I lived in the UK for 5 years
Seriously, both countries are in the EU and it won't be a problem at all and generally Germany is a lot cheaper than the UK, I checked that when ordering my discs, pads and clutch. Even though I'm in Germany I had a look for good prices in the UK, and without taking into account postage, I ended up saving around 200 pounds when buying my AP organic plate clutch, Ferodo 2500s allround, goodridge hoses (even they were cheaper!!) and the CTF discs.