Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Camber bolt or Camber plate?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10, 2007, 06:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dan,can you give me a best price for the cusco and the works camber plate.and how much camber can you get out of the camber plate with the stock shocks?
Old Sep 11, 2007, 06:56 AM
Evolved Member

mitsu specs...

Originally Posted by GTWORX.com
The stock is an eccentric bolt (oblong) that is designed to suit the diameter of the opening in the strut/knuckle. A camber bolt allows more adjustment by using a smaller diameter eccentric bolt so there is some dead space in the opening. This is what makes slippage possible. For daily driving it's not as likely to slip but I'd be hesitant to trust them in a track or auto-x situation. I've seen mixed results.

-Dan
"123 ± 7 ft-lb" they don't move!
Old Sep 11, 2007, 08:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by monstar 8
Dan,can you give me a best price for the cusco and the works camber plate.and how much camber can you get out of the camber plate with the stock shocks?
Sending PM now....

Originally Posted by cfdfireman1
"123 ± 7 ft-lb" they don't move!
The stock bolt is pretty stout, but it does happen with aftermarket camber bolts. I always recommend torquing the crap out of them if you do use them, but if you have r-comps and/or upgraded suspension, forget about it.

- Andrew
Old Sep 11, 2007, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Prior to my MR street coil overs I was using Tein Camber Plates on the stock suspension. They worked great and didn't slip or slide. I had the car aligned with strut arrows in at -2 in the front and I still a half of camber plate worth of adjustment. I'm sure you could get -3+ out of the camber plates on stock struts.

After it was all said and done my advice is to go directly to a lower price set of coil overs instead. Here are my reasons:

1. Camber plates require removal of the strut, spring compression, and hat swap. This is a huge PITA and dangerous to do at home. Of coures you can pull the strut and take it to a shop and have them compress and swap the tops but that will cost you additional money. Keep in mind when you decide to with a set of coil overs you'll probably want to sell the plates and have to swap them off again.
2. They did raise the front of my car. With stock springs I didn't really want any more wheel gap than I already had.
3. The stock suspension is good but an inexpensive coil over setup like Megan Racing Streets are better. The Coil overs have built in camber plates, they are lighter, and they are adjustable. They also can be installed in two hours at home without the need to compress springs. All you need is an alignment.
4. If you decide to sell you inexpensive co's and get something higher priced you can sell the ones you have for nearly what you paid for them. Lets say you get the MRs for $900, worst case you can sell them in a day for $700. To me its worth the additional $200 to have the lowered stance, tuned spring strut combo, and rebound adjustments.
Old Sep 18, 2007, 01:51 AM

yeah, i think stance are a very good choice,too.thx for the detail infro!!!