Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Group N (smaller) brake setup

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2007 | 08:00 AM

Group N (smaller) brake setup

I have searched a few rally sites and I have not been able to dig up much info on any group N or smaller front brake setups for the Evo.

I know they exist, but has anyone on here have any info?

I am mostly interested in running this setup during the winter months for 15in wheels with snows.

Thanks!
Old Sep 11, 2007 | 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

http://www.ralliart.com/GRN/parts.html

everything you wanted to know about Group-N EVO's and the parts that are required for GroupN
Old Sep 11, 2007 | 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by chrisw
http://www.ralliart.com/GRN/parts.html

everything you wanted to know about Group-N EVO's and the parts that are required for GroupN

That's Awesome!

Any idea where to get these parts from? I have tried a few vendors, but it never seems to go any where.
Old Sep 13, 2007 | 01:01 AM
Evolved Member

Ralliart Italy has prices up for these parts:
http://www.ralliart.it/sp_parts.html

But considering how much these cost it would be far cheaper to just source the basic GroupN brake setup and not the International GroupN setup if you are just after a winter run around setup, also I would be worried about all the dirt and crap affecting the brakes as I don't think those calipers run dust seals.

I believe the basic GroupN (2pot front, 1pot rear) brakes are the same as the Galant and Diamante, which ever one runs under a 15" wheel, you may want to check that out.
Old Sep 13, 2007 | 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Yogi_B
Ralliart Italy has prices up for these parts:
http://www.ralliart.it/sp_parts.html

But considering how much these cost it would be far cheaper to just source the basic GroupN brake setup and not the International GroupN setup if you are just after a winter run around setup, also I would be worried about all the dirt and crap affecting the brakes as I don't think those calipers run dust seals.

I believe the basic GroupN (2pot front, 1pot rear) brakes are the same as the Galant and Diamante, which ever one runs under a 15" wheel, you may want to check that out.
Thanks for the link. I am going to look into the Galant/ Diamante brakes. I wonder if the disks and everything will work....

I found this place also: www.stationgaragearnside.co.uk

They seems to have a lot of the Group N Rallart stuff. After trading a few e-mails with them it turns out that they have a set of used calipers in good condition, but he exchange rate still hurts like a 3lb hammer to the knee.
Old Sep 17, 2007 | 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

you also might try contacting Road race engineering. They have been doing rally preparation for a long time for the DSM.

I am curious to see if the Galant caliper is the same as the AWD DSM. If so, then I am sure you could find something that works.
Old Sep 25, 2007 | 06:14 PM
Account Disabled

Some of the Galant calipers are the same. There are small differences in the fitting location and style between cars. Evo 1-3 have the same style caliper.

Alex
Old Sep 29, 2007 | 02:15 AM
Evolved Member

Has anyone heard mention of Alcon or AP gravel brake setups? Any idea of the costs involved vs the GroupN stuff? I'm building a rally car, but since its not going to be GroupN, I could care less about having the approved stuff, when other parts may be just as good, and potentially cheaper.

Thanks,

Dave
Old Oct 1, 2007 | 02:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Rallispec in new jersey carries a lot of the Ralliart Group N parts.

- Andrew
Old Oct 3, 2007 | 09:02 AM
Evolving Member

Contact Mark @ Mooresport Inc. aka DMSMark for info regarding Alcon gravel set-ups.
Old Oct 3, 2007 | 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

My neighbor does Rally-X with his Evo and he ordered the JDM RS front brakes so he could fit the 15" rims.
Old Oct 20, 2007 | 08:05 AM
Evolving Member

I'm looking for the same stuff, my evo came with the smaller 2 pot front/rear to clear 15" but i'm looking for the AP racing gravel 4 pot fronts at least
will let you know what i find
Old Oct 22, 2007 | 01:26 PM

Arent all the RS model Evo 7 and earlier calipers/rotors meant to clear 15" wheels?
Old Nov 7, 2007 | 09:37 AM
Account Disabled

http://www.z1auto.com/prodmore.asp?m...ng&prodid=1934
Old Nov 12, 2007 | 02:46 AM

click here

Quick Reply: Group N (smaller) brake setup