Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

PERRIN EVO Positive Steering Response System......

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2009, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Perrin P.S.R.S

[QUOTE=rawkus;7112085]I installed the offset (added caster) bushings over the winter. First off... I had to notch the frame a healthy amount to get everything to fit properly. Second, the spacers didn't fit exactly right, but good enough to work. Just a warning, it wasn't the easiest install in the world (It was easier to notch with the steering rack removed, maybe it was just me and my VII).

Can you explain in detail where you had to notch the frame and the problem with the spacers not fitting right? I am planning this install with everything you did plus the Whiteline front control arm bushings, W0593, which don't allow any movement when trying to re-install the bolt back up through the P.S.R.S. I am going to add the spacer to the top of the P.S.R.S. to increase my anti-lift and gain more room so I don't have to grind this area .
Old Sep 21, 2009, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ +1 on the frame notch. Pics?

I've got a set of these to install this weekend.

l8r)
Old Oct 18, 2009, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Anyone have more feedback on the PSRS? I'm looking into the PSRS and am trying to decide between the PSRS and the Zero PSRS. My Evo right now is pretty twitchy w/ the Whiteline Roll Center Adjustment and Steering Precision kits on it, full set of WORKS urethane bushings, and a 3+ deg of neg camber setting in the front (lots of autox time between track days). Just came back from Lime Rock and was disappointed with how difficult the Evo was to control, especially since I don't have these issues to that degree at Watkins Glen. The steering was real light, turn- in happened quickly, causing the rear to step out unless I introduce the initial steering input s-l-o-w-l-y or really backed off my entry speeds.

So I'm hoping to perhaps address some of this via the Zero PSRS and the added caster. I could use a bit more straight line stability, and if it increases neg camber in turns then I wouldn't have to run as much negative camber, which should also help with some of the straight line twitch.
Old Oct 19, 2009, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

^ the zero PSRS won't add any caster. I would suspect that the oversteer on turn in might be related to too running much rear bar. Maybe start a thread asking for advice in regards to your particular issue.

l8r)
Old Oct 19, 2009, 02:46 PM
Evolving Member

I need these
Old Oct 19, 2009, 02:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Still not sure RobiSpec dailed in my car that it feels perfect , I dont know if this will make it even better or just mess things up
Old Oct 19, 2009, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ludikraut
^ the zero PSRS won't add any caster.
Sorry, meant the regular PSRS (w/ the offset bushing) which does add caster.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry for not getting back sooner... I will try and post pictures of the frame notch tonight.

After more tweaks and most importantly, PROPER TORQUE SPECS on every suspension bolt front and rear (good 'n snug is not recommended) I am even more impressed with these.

The sharp feedback going over train tracks and potholes is all but gone, I suspect the control arm was moving slightly as the bolts loosened over time due to not being torqued correctly.

Everything has held up great over 3 Redline Time Attack events and maybe 4 additional track days plus a few autocrosses here and there.

Again, install was a pain, but I'm very pleased with these units.

Dan
Old Oct 21, 2009, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here is the imagine of the modified frame rail. It has to be notched a fair amount.
Dan