Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

PERRIN EVO Positive Steering Response System......

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2007, 12:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by PERRIN_Jeff
Actually the Suby ALK or PSRS gets caster by changing the mount. The mount is pushed toward the outside of the car, which pushes the wheel forward, and changes the caster angle. This same thing is what we have done on the EVO PSRS. The Suby part is also dropped down a little for the antilift stuff. Again same on the EVO part.
With the Whiteline kit, the actual bushing is what adds the caster and pushes the wheel forward, not the housing. The offset bushing is available seperately to be pressed in to a stock housing for auto-x dudes, resulting in no change in anti-lift, but you do get the caster increase.

Unfortunately for me, the EVO part is pretty different and I have no idea what is or isn't possible there

- Andrew
Old Nov 1, 2007, 09:02 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When? I just checked the website and found nothing.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is this the only option for the Front Lower Control Arm Bushing, the Rear one. I've purchased the forward Front Lower Control Arm Bushing, but would like to replace the other one at the same time. I really don't want something this harsh, but Poly would be ideal for me.
Old Nov 17, 2007, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

When are these going to be available? Kind of hard to put them on my x-mas list if they aren't available.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 02:51 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I'm interested too... esp like the idea of the castor...
Old Dec 12, 2007, 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
mmmm.... cassstor. I miss the 8 degrees my 240 had.
Old Dec 17, 2007, 02:02 PM
Evolved Member

So.....has this product been dropped from the drawing board?
Old Dec 17, 2007, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Bump, for more interest.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 11:25 PM
Evolving Member

do these have big effects on daily drivability?
Old Jan 25, 2008, 12:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PERRIN_Jeff
This part has been a long time coming! Finally we are ready to release our PSRS for the EVO! We are showing some sneak peeks of the part to help generate some interest before the final release. We choose to go with black, as this is a new theme we are going with on all of our parts. Mainly for those CA guys!

What is the PSRS?
In the Subaru world, these kits are known as the ALK or Anti-Lift-Kit. The anti-lift part of the kit is a very small feature compared to the benifits of the solid type connection the PSRS makes. Eliminating the OEM super soft bushing provides significant improvement in how the car steers during hard cornering and even in a straight line. So P.S.R.S stands for Positive Steering Response System. The PSRS replaces the front control arm, rear bushing. This OEM bushing is designed to be extra compliant to reduce NVH, and make the ride more comfortable. The compliancy of this bushing is not something a performance oriented driver is looking for.

OEM Bushings Installed
Under braking, this OEM bushing has enough flex in it to cause the wheel to move back and forth .300"! This deflection of the wheel causes drastic toe in and toe out changes under braking. These toe changes will cause steering input changes, cause the tires contact patch to change, and even wondering.

When accelerating, this OEM bushing causes unwanted wheel hop, and again toe in and toe out changes. During acceleration, the car will want to follow the ruts in the road, as the bushing flexes back and forth. This is one of the most noticeable changes.

PERRIN PSRS Installed
Under Braking, after the PERRIN PSRS is installed, the wheel will not move front to back period! Since there is no way for toe changes to occur, the steering feedback issues, and wondering under braking all goes away!

Under Acceleration, after the PERRIN PSRS in installed, wheel hop disappears, the car will have far less tendency to follow the ruts in the road, and in turn the car will have more front end traction.

Adds Caster
Besides removing all the unwanted flex of the OEM bushing, our PSRS has an offset to where the bushing is mounted. This allows the installer to add almost 1.5 degrees of caster to the front suspension. Caster is the angle at which the steering knuckle rotates on. Adding caster makes the car turn in faster by providing a larger contact patch as the wheels turn on the steering axis. Think of it like camber for your steering!

If there are any questions about the part, and what it does, why you would want it, or anything feel free to ask, thats why we are here! The part will start shipping to dealers and customers in less than 4 weeks!!
If you back this up (guaranty it to work in writing) I'm a buyer.
What do I need to do?
Old Jan 25, 2008, 06:14 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I think it died... too damn bad... then again, how much would we be willing to pay? Something like this not cheap to produce in small quantities, maybe so much so that people would not find the rewards worth the entry fee.

Last edited by Zeus; Jan 25, 2008 at 06:17 AM.
Old Jan 25, 2008, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

I noticed a huge difference with the polyurethane replacements.
For a street car, I would replace your rubber bushings with the poly and decide from there.
Hell, that's about as far as I'd go with a track car, also.

I run the full polyurethane kit and never looked back once.

Last edited by EVO8emUp; Jan 25, 2008 at 07:25 AM.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 11:10 AM
Former Sponsor

We did not forget about this.

Coming this spring, early spring!

Yes, there will be a ZERO option.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 11:25 AM
Evolving Member

Is there a "how-to" instruction somewhere on the forums w/ pictures, that i may be able to see for this PSRS install?????
Old Feb 18, 2008, 12:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PERRIN_JOHN
We did not forget about this.

Coming this spring, early spring!

Yes, there will be a ZERO option.
John - is march considered early spring? I have my LCA's out to install the whiteline kit, I assume this can be used in conjunction with it. If so, when is it available, I'd like to get it and throw all my suspension back on the car. Thanks!

Quick Reply: PERRIN EVO Positive Steering Response System......