Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Whiteline Steering Precision Kit Instructions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2010, 02:08 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
X2, I'm curious to see what this kit REALLY does for the car.
Old Sep 14, 2010, 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EPIC FAIL on my behalf.....

I believe I was an idiot and did not double stack the spacers.

This was something I would have preferred not to do again.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Anyone care to chime in as to where the spacers are supposed to go?

I hate to do this again, but it's driving me crazy knowing it's installed wrong.
Old Oct 2, 2010, 12:22 AM
Evolving Member

Hmm.. this mod is well worth it.. I love how it makes the steering wheel feel, and helps when driving 10/10 .... I also have every other front end bushing on my car. And just FYI..

The whiteline install instructions for the steering precision kit cleary states:

" during assembly of the steering rack onto the crossmember, fit 2 spacer washers between the crossmember and mounting bracket on the PASSENGER side, and 2 spacer disks between the bushing and the crossmember on the DRIVERS side" .... the instructions cleary state to NOT double stack the washers...
Old Oct 2, 2010, 12:24 AM
Evolving Member

Hmm.. this mod is well worth it.. I love how it makes the steering wheel feel, and helps when driving 10/10 .... I also have every other front end bushing on my car. And just FYI..

The whiteline install instructions for the steering precision kit cleary states:

" during assembly of the steering rack onto the crossmember, fit 2 spacer washers between the crossmember and mounting bracket on the PASSENGER side, and 2 spacer disks between the bushing and the crossmember on the DRIVERS side" .... the instructions cleary state to NOT double stack the washers...
Old Feb 8, 2011, 11:20 AM
Evolved Member

After A LOT of research, I truly believe that the spacers DO NOT get stacked. I am waiting for Whiteline to chime in as I have directed them to this thread.

Last edited by revvin9k; Feb 8, 2011 at 11:51 AM.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by revvin9k
After A LOT of research, I truly believe that the spacers DO NOT get stacked. I am waiting for Whiteline to chime in as I have directed them to this thread.
Hi Guys,

Here is a picture that may solve the issue that people are talking about and unsure of.
The washers are to be double stacked on each side of the bracket between the crossmember and reason for this was to alow for a decent bush thickness and keep the same factory bracket as the OE bush was thin and did not last
Attached Thumbnails Whiteline Steering Precision Kit Instructions-ca390_03.jpg  
Old Feb 8, 2011, 03:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by whiteline jim
Hi Guys,

Here is a picture that may solve the issue that people are talking about and unsure of.
The washers are to be double stacked on each side of the bracket between the crossmember and reason for this was to alow for a decent bush thickness and keep the same factory bracket as the OE bush was thin and did not last
Damn that blows. Not a job I wanted to do again.

Thanks for chiming in Jim, much appreciated.

The directions that come with the kit are a bit deceiving as it states to put two washers on the drivers side, and then two on the passenger side. Judging by the pic below, there are two brackets. One on the pass. side, one on the drivers side. They just so happen to have four bolts, which is where I figured they went as I was supplied with four.

Oh well, good times.

Last edited by revvin9k; Feb 8, 2011 at 03:33 PM.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 243 Likes on 219 Posts
mega bump for this thread. i asked my shop to install these for me since i dont have the means to do all that work. is there anything specific other than the washers needing to be double stacked? anything in a particular orientation?

according to motoiq, it moves the rack up slightly, reducing bump steer - so i guess it actually can reduce understeer in certain situations.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kyoo
mega bump for this thread. i asked my shop to install these for me since i dont have the means to do all that work. is there anything specific other than the washers needing to be double stacked? anything in a particular orientation?

according to motoiq, it moves the rack up slightly, reducing bump steer - so i guess it actually can reduce understeer in certain situations.
nothing else really. its pretty straight forward. Its a time consuming job but I dont think its too bad.
Old Feb 5, 2013, 01:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 126 Likes on 108 Posts
An experienced shop should be able to do this job within one hour. Its simple and a head full of common sense will serve well.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:11 AM

Good info in this thread. I have a solid amount of experience in doing auto work and I have a pretty good tool set up, air and what not. I plan to take my car in the garage Friday night, tear it down and get sub frame out. Come back Saturday morning and finish the job. I will be installing SPK and a FSW. Any special tricks or tools you guys can think of that really help. Has anyone done a how to on this install yet?
Old Feb 8, 2013, 01:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by MRLancer05
Good info in this thread. I have a solid amount of experience in doing auto work and I have a pretty good tool set up, air and what not. I plan to take my car in the garage Friday night, tear it down and get sub frame out. Come back Saturday morning and finish the job. I will be installing SPK and a FSW. Any special tricks or tools you guys can think of that really help. Has anyone done a how to on this install yet?
I did this in case it helps.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...-sway-bar.html
Old Feb 9, 2013, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by fireroasted
Thanks! and thanks for the kit as well! I plan to tackle this pig on the weekend of 3/9, wish me luck.....
Old Feb 9, 2013, 12:34 PM

Im not changing by ball joints so I think I'm gonna try and pull the whole strut-knuckle-arm assembly off all together?

Quick Reply: Whiteline Steering Precision Kit Instructions