Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

installed Megan coilovers and.....

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2007, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
installed Megan coilovers and.....

well lets start by saying that they are a b i t c h to adjust. they got tighter the further i lowered the car. couldnt figure that out.

so i installed them last night, adjusted them all up. just went out to my car to check on all the bolts and when i removed my trunk carpet, the rear driver side was all wet. i have no idea y or how it was as wet as it was. its not raining, nor was it this morning. i didnt go over any puddles. and its water too, not oil or anything like that. was just all wet.the other side wasnt wet at all. any sugestions as to why or how this has happened?
Old Oct 9, 2007, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Never had any issue adjusting mine. How low are you trying to go?
Old Oct 9, 2007, 10:20 AM
Evolved Member

Your car saw some sexy feet and had an orgasm …
Old Oct 9, 2007, 10:34 AM
Evolved Member

Maybe you accidently pulled off or broke the line to the washer fluid res. in the trunk? The coilovers have nothing to do with a wet trunk.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 10:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by broeli
Maybe you accidently pulled off or broke the line to the washer fluid res. in the trunk? The coilovers have nothing to do with a wet trunk.
the water is on the other side of the trunk. if u are looking at the trunk, its the left one (the drivers side). i was befuttled as all if u are.

and to the "O" comment, my car has good taste, what can i say.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lexat20
Never had any issue adjusting mine. How low are you trying to go?
i measured from a level surface to the top of the fender and...

fronts are 25"
rears are 24.75"

now i know this isnt the correct way to measure them because of tire height and whatnot but all tires are at 35psi.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

I have Megan Street. You're a little lower than I am, but I didn't have any issues lowering whatsoever.

I aplogize if this seems dumb (I'm as new to coilovers myself), but you loosened just the bottom lock to adjust?

No idea on the wetness, maybe some Depends for your car?
Old Oct 9, 2007, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Extas
I have Megan Street. You're a little lower than I am, but I didn't have any issues lowering whatsoever.

I aplogize if this seems dumb (I'm as new to coilovers myself), but you loosened just the bottom lock to adjust?

No idea on the wetness, maybe some Depends for your car?
yes i loosened just the lower screw, turned the cylinder and left the top two that hold the spring alone.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If it was geting tighter as you adjusted it, that spring was not spinning with the rest of the assembly (shock, spring perch, spring perch lock). The fronts won't have that issue because there's usually some sort of spacer/ring/washer between the spring and mounts at both ends to allow it to spin relatively freely, due to how a spring tends to twist in a mac-strut setup. In the rear, sometimes the spacers are left out, and the spring might "stick" and not turn along with the shock when you're adjusting, hence you're fighting against the friction of the threads spinning in the lower collar AND the force of the spring.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 11:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Noob4life
If it was geting tighter as you adjusted it, that spring was not spinning with the rest of the assembly (shock, spring perch, spring perch lock). The fronts won't have that issue because there's usually some sort of spacer/ring/washer between the spring and mounts at both ends to allow it to spin relatively freely, due to how a spring tends to twist in a mac-strut setup. In the rear, sometimes the spacers are left out, and the spring might "stick" and not turn along with the shock when you're adjusting, hence you're fighting against the friction of the threads spinning in the lower collar AND the force of the spring.
no thats not what was happening. both front and rear spring perch locks were tight.

and as for the leaking issue, what if i used some sort of like silicone to make a seal