Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

2-Piece rotors

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2007, 06:36 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bueller
I dont know what thread you were reading, but the thread that you have noted makes reference to the StopTech BBK (big break kit)..."Stop Tech's larger 332 mm front rotor weighs 17.5 pounds. (this rotor is in their big brake kit)."

Just as a reference, i have the StopTech 2 piece rotors. I happen to also still have my OEM rotors. Upon weighing both of them on the same scale, i found out that my StopTechs are 2 lbs lighter than my OEM rotors. However, keep in mind that (a) when i weighed my StopTech 2 piece rotors they were brand new, and (b) my OEM rotors were beyond used, not to mention had been resurfaced once. So i suppose its safe to say that theyre actually a bit over 2 lbs lighter.

the Baer rotors are 7 pounds lighter PER DISK up front. i weighed both side by side on a digital postage scale accurate to .1 oz. if the stoptech are only 2 pounds lighter, that means the Baers are 5 pounds per disk up front lighter then the stoptech. thats a big difference. and the baers work at the track too