Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Ebay rotors

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2007, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Evo11V
I've learned one thing... buy quality and reputation over something that is inexpensive. Might as well put a few more $$ in to a quality set that has been time tested. Way worth it in the long run. Plus if something goes wrong and they are a good company they will help you out.
I do believe the rotors from rotorpros have been tested by many of the members here over a significant period of time attesting to their quality. I can also tell you from experience autocrossing, fade and mushy pedal feel is a non issue. As for rotorpros being a good company, my friend bought rotors for his lexus sc400. He did not know the previous owner swapped one rear caliper and rotor from an sc300 which is slightly smaller. He thought rotorpros kept giving him the wrong one and they kept sending him rotors before he found out and would up with 3 free rotors. That is a company that is willing to help you out. I would not have recommended them to everyone I know if my experience was anything less than stellar. I guess some people can play it safe and stick with what they know and spends hundreds more buying from a company they can trust. There is no problem with that but sometimes there truly are good deals to be had on ebay.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rcheung
I bought ebay rotors about 3 years ago from a vendor called rotorpros. They were slotted and dimpled not slotted and drilled. After three years from my Project Mu pads, they have minimal wear. They are definately lasting way longer than the stock brembo rotors and stop just at well if not better. They also never fade on the autocross.
+1
I have rotors from rotorpros as well. Mine are slotted and drilled. They have held up to some very hard stops, with no warping, minimal wear, and no cracks.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 03:06 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 208 Likes on 123 Posts
Originally Posted by rcheung
I do believe the rotors from rotorpros have been tested by many of the members here over a significant period of time attesting to their quality. I can also tell you from experience autocrossing, fade and mushy pedal feel is a non issue. As for rotorpros being a good company, my friend bought rotors for his lexus sc400. He did not know the previous owner swapped one rear caliper and rotor from an sc300 which is slightly smaller. He thought rotorpros kept giving him the wrong one and they kept sending him rotors before he found out and would up with 3 free rotors. That is a company that is willing to help you out. I would not have recommended them to everyone I know if my experience was anything less than stellar. I guess some people can play it safe and stick with what they know and spends hundreds more buying from a company they can trust. There is no problem with that but sometimes there truly are good deals to be had on ebay.

Couldn't have said it better. People that aren't buying from rotorpros are just wasting their money IMO.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 06:00 PM
BBS
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sell your evo and never troll the forums again. EVER.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

Why are thier so many different prices for rotorpros....

What are the differences between each
Old Jan 9, 2008, 12:23 PM
Evolved Member

Some packages come with pads. Some packages come with Lines. Some are for front Only. Some are for all four. Some are for blanks. Some are for Slotted and drilled.

Which ones are you looking at?
Old Jan 10, 2008, 05:55 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Centric rotors are very good quality... they are what I sell in my packages, and have had on my own daily driven Evo for over 25k miles. I couldn't see buying ANYTHING else in a blank rotor. In my opinion though, slots/dimples/cross drilled, all poser material for a daily driver... if you HAVE to have one of those, I'd say slots.