Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Ebay rotors

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2007, 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ebay rotors

what do you think?? reliable??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/03-06...em170162091755
Old Oct 26, 2007, 08:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Probably fine for a street car, but don't dare put them on a track or even an Auto-X.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 08:10 AM
Evolving Member

Lets just hope they dont Crack...

I don't know what kind of driving you do, but if its tracked then i would not recommend them. Spend a little more and get some better rotor's

If you Daily drive then i guess you can try it. And hope for the best.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 08:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by playmajohn
I wouldnt do it and jepordize your life and potentially anyone around you while driving on the street and last massive damage to your car if they crack and break. I know they look good and you want them sooner than later but do yourself and everyone around you a favor and save for something better and that has a reputable name. Look at Brembo's website about fakes, poor quality vs. the real deal. Rotors that were designed to be solid then taken and drille to become drilled and or slotted are not what they were first intended for and they cause a potential threat by using them..... Just my .02

Oh yeah and they said this right on the description page..."Customer will indemnify and hold Raceconcepts harmless from all liability and damages incurred as a result of using Raceconcepts products"
Old Oct 26, 2007, 08:33 AM

I'd instead suggest rotors from RRE. $230/pair for slotted rotors. Known good people who race. Not sissy internet dormroom kiddies selling whatever crap they scrounge up.

http://www.roadraceengineering.com/evo.htm
Old Oct 26, 2007, 10:31 AM
Evolving Member

I bought those rotors for my daily driver RSX. They say they dont need to be cut. Well i had them installed, and surprise they were warped like a ****! Had to take them off and have them cut. They still arent true and smooth, and they make the car shake. And the metal is real soft so u cant use any performance type brake pad. The vented holes arent crowned so it makes a clicking sound at any speed.

Do not put these on a EVO!
Old Oct 26, 2007, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

isnt that kind of like putting your life in the hands of Ebay?.....ill buy **** from ebay all day long, but not something major that has a chance of failing and possibly injuring or incapacitating myself or someone else....
Old Oct 26, 2007, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I bought ebay rotors about 3 years ago from a vendor called rotorpros. They were slotted and dimpled not slotted and drilled. After three years from my Project Mu pads, they have minimal wear. They are definately lasting way longer than the stock brembo rotors and stop just at well if not better. They also never fade on the autocross.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ducker
I bought those rotors for my daily driver RSX. They say they dont need to be cut. Well i had them installed, and surprise they were warped like a ****! Had to take them off and have them cut. They still arent true and smooth, and they make the car shake. And the metal is real soft so u cant use any performance type brake pad. The vented holes arent crowned so it makes a clicking sound at any speed.

Do not put these on a EVO!
My friend had the same exact problem from a well known brand where they came warped and had to be machined to smooth them out.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 11:29 AM
Account Disabled

i dont trust ebay things at all!
Old Oct 26, 2007, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rcheung
I bought ebay rotors about 3 years ago from a vendor called rotorpros. They were slotted and dimpled not slotted and drilled. After three years from my Project Mu pads, they have minimal wear. They are definately lasting way longer than the stock brembo rotors and stop just at well if not better. They also never fade on the autocross.
I purchased the same set of rotors from Rotorpros about 50k miles ago. I've done 4 days worth of HPDE's a few auto-xs and well over 100+ 1/4mile passes and the rotor have no sign of unusual wear on them. I've gone thru ECB pads, Project Mu and now I'm on the Feroddo DS2500.

Just make sure you get DIMPLED and not drilled. For $199 shipped for all 4 you can't beat the deal.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

i got the same rotorpros from ebay close to 50k ago, no problems here n i got the crossdrilled n slotted, brake fine at the 1/4 mile
Old Oct 26, 2007, 02:38 PM

I actually bought rotors from them for my c class. Did not have any bad experience. Have them still for about 2yrs now. I guess for city driving it works great. Dont know about track use though if they can stand the abuse.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 02:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Have had Rotorpros on my car for 50k as well. Cut them once. Still in great shape. They will be fine dont listen to half these clowns

Originally Posted by AlwaysinBoost
I purchased the same set of rotors from Rotorpros about 50k miles ago. I've done 4 days worth of HPDE's a few auto-xs and well over 100+ 1/4mile passes and the rotor have no sign of unusual wear on them. I've gone thru ECB pads, Project Mu and now I'm on the Feroddo DS2500.

Just make sure you get DIMPLED and not drilled. For $199 shipped for all 4 you can't beat the deal.
Old Oct 26, 2007, 02:55 PM
Account Disabled

i just dont trust ebay stuff, thats all.. i autox my car so i dont know if these would be good for my car!