Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Blizzak- LM25 or WS-50???

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2007, 07:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blizzak- LM25 or WS-50???

So it looks like my snow tires are coming a little earlier than i expected...hit a pothole tonight and blew a tire.
I've been reading between the LM25 and the WS-50 and still cant decide...Im thinking i might not need the WS-50's here in jersey.
Anyone have any of these...feedback on them?
I bet the LM25's would be more responsive in dry pavement than the WS-50's but is it a huge difference?
Gonna be ordering them tonight so put up any input you guys have
thanks
Old Nov 15, 2007, 07:50 PM
Evolving Member

I'd go with a good set of All Seasons. Dedicated snow tires may be overkill for NJ.
Old Nov 15, 2007, 10:08 PM
Evolved Member

i had lm-22's and now i have a set of ws-50's.

i like them both as far as snow tires go. i have tested the ws-50's in the snow yet because i just got them, but they haven't been bad for general driving about. i'll have to wait till the end of the season to see if they wear faster or anything, but really i don't think you can go wrong with any set of blizzak's.
Old Nov 15, 2007, 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by MondoBongo
i had lm-22's and now i have a set of ws-50's.

i like them both as far as snow tires go. i have tested the ws-50's in the snow yet because i just got them, but they haven't been bad for general driving about. i'll have to wait till the end of the season to see if they wear faster or anything, but really i don't think you can go wrong with any set of blizzak's.
all seasons x2
Old Nov 16, 2007, 12:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Evo-IX-MOMO248
So it looks like my snow tires are coming a little earlier than i expected...hit a pothole tonight and blew a tire.
I've been reading between the LM25 and the WS-50 and still cant decide...Im thinking i might not need the WS-50's here in jersey.
Anyone have any of these...feedback on them?
I bet the LM25's would be more responsive in dry pavement than the WS-50's but is it a huge difference?
Gonna be ordering them tonight so put up any input you guys have
thanks
I have one winter on the WS-50's, they have done well enough on both dry pavement and snow. On the highway I got them up past 85mph with no twitchiness or loose-feeling. In the snow they are great, but they don't make the Evo an all-conquering beast like some reviews make it out them out to. You can still get in trouble, just not as easily as you would on all seasons or worse.

I kept them on for driving well into March IIRC, just because CHicago weather is so ****ed you never know if you might get a freak snowstorm in spring. Wear has been just fine.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 12:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by XxJDaniels420xX
all seasons x2

i prefer tires with purpose. if i get snow tires, i want to know they are going to be the best they can be for a pittsburgh winter. that's why i have a set of wheels for every type of tire i have.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 06:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
which all seasons would u reccomend if not snows?
Old Nov 16, 2007, 08:51 AM

Dunlop SP winter Sport 3D, great off road and tarmac handling...they are not equivalent to the Advans in the dry obviously, but for all seasons they don't have that much flex on hard cornering, but then again we should be doing a controlled sideways drift through the corners anyway come snow time LOL

ps I had LM22s when I had an 04Sti, on the snow they were incredible but in the dry at high speed cornering they flexed and gave that about to give feeling.

Last edited by deepcover6; Nov 16, 2007 at 08:53 AM.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 08:55 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
two really great tires, just in different ways. the LM is a sport based winter tire, so its less aggressive and handles better. but you will trade some snow/ice traction to get the better clear day handling. good tire if you live in downtown NY or a suburb where you see minimal accumulation, mainly plowed roads.

the WS is the more aggressive option. best ice/snow traction of the bunch, but a bit softer handling and a little quicker wearing. best used in heavier snow climates or rural areas where plows don't get to that often. awd and that tire... you'll be able to go anywhere.
Old Nov 16, 2007, 07:08 PM
Evolving Member

I just bought a set of ws-50's. So what is the difference between the two? Rubber composition?