Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.
View Poll Results: Would you but Rota's
I would buy Rota's no doubt
59.33%
No they are too cheap
22.70%
Thinking about it
17.98%
Voters: 445. You may not vote on this poll

Let's talk real about Rotas

Search this Thread

Old Nov 29, 2007, 12:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let's talk real about Rotas

I guess I am doing this thread becuase I am considering Rota's I mean for the price I just don't see a better deal. Now lets talk truth here. How many people do any of you know of that have driven with Rota's DD or Track car and have had any problems i.e., cracking etc. I personally have never heard anything bad from any of the people I know that have used them. Now they do copy other rim company's for style and looks but that really does'nt bother me that bad, but I do acknowledge that they are "knock offs." They are light but not the lightest. You can get them in so many colors. They do have to meet the same standards as any other rim manufacturer importing to the U.S. It is not the end of the day if you scratch them or hurt them. I mean for the price you can get 2 sets totally different styles and change it up versus getting 1 set and keeping it the same. I guess I don't really get why people get upset if people put them on their $30k car maybe for me at least I am a little more intrested in speed and handling, that and I don't think my wife would be cool with me getting $3k dollars rims, that's fun in vegas money! Now takes this thread for what it is I know people have different opinions but I am just curious what the big deal really is. I mean I have mostly Japanese and Bushcur mods on my car does that make it better than a car running Megan parts that is just as fast?
Old Nov 29, 2007, 01:13 AM
Evolved Member

I've already posted on your previous thread. Of course I won't take the car to the track until most of my car is paid off. But from what I've driven, the width of the wheel makes it ride on rails.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 01:56 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i have a friend with some rota wheels on his suby and he loves them no problem so far. i've looked at some myself!
Old Nov 29, 2007, 02:04 AM
Evolving Member

Rotas are definately nice wheels. I had them on the evo for a while but where I'm from Rotas are a no no. Just the fact everyone with Hondas have them makes it less appealing for people with more expensive cars.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 02:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Deca Auto
Rotas are definately nice wheels. I had them on the evo for a while but where I'm from Rotas are a no no. Just the fact everyone with Hondas have them makes it less appealing for people with more expensive cars.
this is so true.
Old Nov 29, 2007, 02:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Deca Auto
That's funny you say that I am getting ready to move back home to the bay area and that has crossed my mind but there are still a ton of evo's and sti's with them all over the west coast. I would not show my car in a big car show with them even though I saw cars at NOPI with them in the show I like them because they are bigger, wider, and better looking than my BBS rims.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 05:31 AM
Evolving Member

I have had good luck with my 18 x 9.5 P45R's. Made several trips on the interstate.

Previous owner had several trips to the drag strip with them.

I was wondering why some people really are down on the Rota's.

I am the type that labels and names are nothing. Give me the part that works for the least amount. As well if this car never had rims when I got it. Prob never would put anything besides stock on it.

I can not convince myself to buy pretty stuff when there is go fast parts to buy.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 05:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Owens Racing
I can not convince myself to buy pretty stuff when there is go fast parts to buy.
Thats how i feel. i rather spend my money on go fast parts then flashy stuff. The rota are pretty nice im considering the d2s
Old Nov 30, 2007, 06:04 AM
Evolving Member

i was going to get the p45rs but the vender never called me back twice. so i spent more money and got advans. twice as much but i like them. i still like the looks of the rotas.

Last edited by theghost; Nov 30, 2007 at 06:07 AM.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 06:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by theghost
i was going to get the p45rs but the vender never called me back twice. so i spent more money and got advans. twice as much but i like them. i still like the looks of the rotas.
I looked at the link in your sig car is very good looking. WW was mt first choice in color.

I like the 7 wing and the Advans are nice looking.

Here is a pic of mine on Rota p45r's.

Old Nov 30, 2007, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm surprise that you guys that like to go fast are saying what you're saying. I mean, it's more of a safety issue on getting the 'real' rims.

There are some cheaper rims but stronger, like ENKEI, WEDS.. etc...
I like the real stuff, coz that's just me. I'm against the fake sh*t. It's the same as stealing and I don't tolerate it. lol...
would you like some cheap azz company copy the stuff you made/design and make money from it? I don't think so..

P.S. please don't kill me I have a Family.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 07:05 AM
Evolving Member

Ok I have seen these pics. Till i have a story with them I assume the car had hit a curb at speeds. Any rim that is not forged will freaking break. Imaginane magnesium rims when they hit concrete or stable objects at speeds.

I am really thinking this needs to be nipped in the butt. Someone that has wording and what not to back up there claims please do so,

If all your going to do is show pics of a shattered rim and a cracked with no story. Why bother.

I am going to take a picture of my broken something or other and claim all to be junk. Come on use your head. Or make us use ours.

SO BASICALLY I WANT A STORY. Not one you type a linked story with documentation to back up the claim your making.

I feel your saying the Rota's are dangerous to the owners and others around.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 07:07 AM
Evolving Member

BTW I wonder how hard that hit was to break the rotor too. lol
Old Nov 30, 2007, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

Some have probably seen this before. I had a Rota rim (boost style) break off and ended up totalling the car. Wasn't done on the track, and I wasn't screwing around. You can see the the pic below the crack came from the weakest portion of the rim; where the valve stem was. Cast..... It might have just been a bad batch, but I'll never cheap out again.
That's about it.

Last edited by boomn29; Nov 30, 2007 at 07:19 AM.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 07:19 AM
Evolved Member

yea, you're right.. sucks I don't have anything to back it up.

whatever floats your boat... enjoy your ROTA.

feel sorry for the evos rolling on rotas. use my head? go to tell that to ROTA to use their heads instead of making a copy. heh!
sucks! My Countrymen makes those rims, so ashame.. lol

Quick Reply: Let's talk real about Rotas