Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Good Year Eagle F1 All season

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2007, 12:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Year Eagle F1 All season

Anyone with any experience with Good Year Eagle f1 all Seasons yet? I'm thinking about getting em! Any feed backs will be appreciated!
Old Nov 30, 2007, 06:58 PM
Account Disabled

nothing special in my opinion
Old Dec 4, 2007, 06:41 AM
Evolved Member

Ive had the original F1's and i love those tires...probably be the only tires my car ever has (once I get these crappy proxes 4 replaced anyways). and BTW, if you get them be sure to post up your review! Ive wanted to possibly try these out instead of the "other" ones...

Last edited by ohEVO18; Dec 4, 2007 at 10:36 AM.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 12:00 PM

I started a post on these and forgot my promise to provide updates

However, today was my first day in the slippery stuff. Not bad but they aren't snow tires either. I was on a combination of snow and ice, a good test on about the worst surface (other than glare ice). Our stock size is so wide any non-snow is going to "float" over the surface of a snow-packed road anyway IMO. I'd look elsewhere unless you only encounter occasional snow.

Having said that, if you have no worries of snow at all, the tire is excellent in the dry and wet with virtually no noise.
Old Dec 4, 2007, 12:09 PM

I purchased a set about 600 miles ago. I am impressed with them. They are responsive, with good steering feel, and are fairly quiet. I recognize they aren't winter specifice tires, however, I feel much better about going into the winter season with something other than the Advans.
Old Dec 5, 2007, 08:16 PM
Evolving Member

TOTALLL JUNK!!!!! I'm sorry, but the Eagle F1's came standard on my VW R32, and they were horrible. Search in a VW forum, and you'll find that it's really not that great of a tire. I had several times where I had them replaced under the warrenty for bubbles in the sidewall. Eventually I got tired of taking it to the dealership every few months and got BFG KDW2's. AWESOME tire on dry pavement and in the rain. That's my choice when i replace the Evo's tires in the spring.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 06:48 AM

Originally Posted by Goldfinger978
TOTALLL JUNK!!!!! I'm sorry, but the Eagle F1's came standard on my VW R32, and they were horrible. Search in a VW forum, and you'll find that it's really not that great of a tire. I had several times where I had them replaced under the warrenty for bubbles in the sidewall. Eventually I got tired of taking it to the dealership every few months and got BFG KDW2's. AWESOME tire on dry pavement and in the rain. That's my choice when i replace the Evo's tires in the spring.

I wonder if they were the same spec tire? This version, the all-season, didn't hit the market until this past summer. I've never been a fan of Goodyear tires in the past but no complaints from me yet. One thing I noted was the excess rubber on the inner part of the tire, just sloppiness after the tire was removed from the mold...
Old Dec 6, 2007, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Goldfinger978
Did you have the GSD3 or the asymmetric version. I had the GSD3 and they were an excellent tire with grip near the stock yokohamas. I also never had them bubble. The only reason I changed them was because the tread was gone.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 10:36 AM
Evolving Member

That might of been it, maybe a different version, cause of course, the R didn't hit the market till 2004, so you guys are probably right.
Old Dec 6, 2007, 12:42 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I put these on my eclipse, these are terrific tires. they are really good in the rain!!!!!!!!!!!