Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Azenis = sh*t?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2007, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
as other have said, your tire wear looks suspect. and i know you said there are no signs of rubbing, but what is this?
Old Dec 31, 2007, 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does the tire even hit that spot on the coilovers? That green circle looks really low for the contact point on the tires. But hell what do I know, I drive a camry.
Old Dec 31, 2007, 06:05 PM
Evolving Member

I have abuddy who had the same problem with some falken tires whole inner side ripped off just like yours. the tires only had a thousand miles on them. and it only happened to one. to make a long story short flken didnt replace ****. but i personally love azenis
Old Dec 31, 2007, 06:12 PM
Evolving Member

When you turn the wheel fully to the left or right, does it contact anything?
Old Dec 31, 2007, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i do a lot of roadracing, i do agree that Azenis is a POS, but from the pix you have posted. I bet you you hit something.
Old Jan 1, 2008, 05:00 AM
Evolving Member

I saw a chunk taken out of my buddy's tire. In all honesty, he hit a curb, but the tires had about 1K miles on them. Yeah they suck pretty bad.

You should have just left it parked downtown for a little while longer. You wouldn't have any tires left to worry about, or wheels...
Old Jan 1, 2008, 07:56 AM
Evolved Member

You might have gotten a puncture some time after your last bi-weekly tire pressure check causing the tire to run low. Combined with a toe issue, and it would not take any racing to rip the tire out like that, it could occur just as easily in any corner or ramp.

Is that tear along the entire circumference of the tire?
Old Jan 1, 2008, 08:07 AM
Evolved Member

thats crazy never seen that before. Now its like 235/40/17.

oh yeah that green part circles, just imagine in your head where that would be. If you can't go look at your car and you will understand that it couldnt happen.
Old Jan 1, 2008, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

-2 Camber is pretty agreesive for street use. I would htink that tire was already past wear before you had gotten the Megans or you ran them a while without getting aligned after the Megans were installed.
Old Jan 1, 2008, 08:36 AM
Evolved Member

u must of need a seriously alignment my friend!
Old Jan 1, 2008, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

ive seen it a few times when i ran a performance shop by me...
all due to alignment issues
but you know the customers always blamed me and the tire
Old Jan 1, 2008, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

Sorry for my stupid questions, but what PSI is everyone at or should be? Also, would any tire shop be able to fix the camber issue, would that be resolved if a tire company aligned the vehicle? Thanks!
Old Jan 1, 2008, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

I like to run a little higher than what the manufacturer recommends. I worked in a tire store and I almost never saw a tire that was worn out from overinflation. Don't get me wrong, if you inflate the tire to 50 lbs you'll mess it up, but most people let their tires run low. I like to inflate mine to about 38 so I don't have to check them every week. Just a visual inspection to see if one looks low before I get in the car.
Old Jan 1, 2008, 12:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Noob4life
You might have gotten a puncture some time after your last bi-weekly tire pressure check causing the tire to run low. Combined with a toe issue, and it would not take any racing to rip the tire out like that, it could occur just as easily in any corner or ramp.

Is that tear along the entire circumference of the tire?
Dude I had the exact same thing happen but as Noob4life has suggested you probably had a nail or puincture and caused a loss of air pressure.

in my case I had the same tires on a set of Advan RG's. One morning as I warmed the car up I walked around the car and found that it looks like I had hit a piece of re-bar (round steel) on the freeway. It ruined the lip on the rim and the tire was completely flat.

The crazy thing is that it was not noticeable driving the car. It was a right rear and when getting off the highway I took a left turn and even gassed it a bit and the car showed no signs of being squirrely at all.

Anyway from running flat the edge of the tire showed signs of getting hot and it really tore up the tire exactly like yours.

I have had 6 sets of Falken's and have always had great luck with them.

Just my $.02

Last edited by 96_LXR; Jan 1, 2008 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Pic added
Old Jan 1, 2008, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

your an idiot...if the tire was at fault most likely ALL tires would be effed up...obviously its something with your suspension