Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Tell everyone what u think about your aftermarket tires and compare

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2008, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Stock Advans were pretty loud, gave great but loud feedback, and stuck like glue. In all honesty when did I ever use the tire to the limit? Never, I don't autox and you can't test tires on public streets for obvious reasons. They are also pricey after buying some from members here that had little tread left I switched tooooo?

The cheapest tire I could find! They are also the lightest I could find 21lbs a piece. They feel mushy, don't inspire confidence the 1 time I took a onramp at much higher than rated speed, they are terribly loud. What can you expect for 89$ a tire...I'm happy much less bumpy/harsh ride and from a dig the softer sidewalls have to produce less shock than the stock Advans. Look at all the people that run good times on M+S tires. Oh, the tires are General Exclaim UHP here is a review everyone gives positive reviews, but compared to stock Advans they are like a mushy sponge.

FWIW, I will be switching them out for a real performance tire in the future I just don't know which one yet!!

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....el=Exclaim+UHP

Last edited by Jasil; Jan 7, 2008 at 01:51 PM.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 06:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just put on the Goodyear F1 Eagles tonight. I will let you know what i think but they are still fairly new. I am the second one to purchase them from this tire shop. We'll see.....
Old Jan 7, 2008, 06:31 PM
Account Disabled

RT615 work fine in the rain for me.

Originally Posted by slaytera666
I can imagine what all will be talked about here. Maybe some Rota bashing?
Rota doesn't make tires.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mdinubil
Just put on the Goodyear F1 Eagles tonight. I will let you know what i think but they are still fairly new. I am the second one to purchase them from this tire shop. We'll see.....
Please do so! I'm saving some dough for those so I can hook it up on some new rims! Thanks!
Old Jan 7, 2008, 07:48 PM

I've got the re050a Pole Positions in 255/40/17, and I am very happy with them. Response is somewhat diminished, due to the softer sidewall, but overall grip seems just as good or better. Also they work great in the rain.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 07:56 PM
Evolving Member

I have the Sumitomo HTR Z. $61.00 per tire from Tirerack. They do really well for DD. Also, they have lasted me at least 30k with still enough tread to pass Lincoln's head on the penny. I will buy them again with the stockers, but when I get a set of wheels I will go for performance tires.
Old Jan 7, 2008, 08:41 PM
Evolving Member

If price and mileage are out of the equation then Nitto NT01's
Old Jan 7, 2008, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Good thread Tracer! I think this would be a great thread for member's on evom as well as N00bs that have specific tires and can compare with others and maybe we could have votes the new tires out there...

That would help me buy some tires!
Old Jan 7, 2008, 10:16 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Boricua_Evo
Good thread Tracer! I think this would be a great thread for member's on evom as well as N00bs that have specific tires and can compare with others and maybe we could have votes the new tires out there...

That would help me buy some tires!
Thanks bro! That was the hold idea and intention. For people to simply say what they got and tell us what they think, where they use them, etc., So great reply's to this point, and if your gonna post some stupid $hit just skip over the thread. Read the paper or something! Personally leaning toward the Falken 615's to this point maybe some people can show me otherwise though.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 06:28 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mdinubil
I had those on my s2000, and man, when they warmed up they stuck like glue. Good choice.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 06:36 AM
Evolved Member

RE-01, 18 x 245... Too soft for hard cornering, but man, it's a nice and quite tire. In the rain it's a really good tire, over 7,000 miles on it and they still look good after multiple launches, but I don't think I'm going to ever buy this tire again. The cost just out weighs it heavily!
Old Jan 8, 2008, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

So no one has bashed the Goodyear F1's yet. Anyone?
Old Jan 8, 2008, 02:40 PM

Originally Posted by olmoscd
So no one has bashed the Goodyear F1's yet. Anyone?

Goodyear F1's are the stock tires on my car in 225 40 18 size.

Performance...... They have VERY SOFT SIDEWALLS and generally on a track with 41psi cold tire pressure they still roll over.

Daily driving in states with bad roads NY for example, you will find that tire bubbles are a regular deal.

For the record they are excellent in the rain until they have enough mileage that the rain groves become cut off from the center of the tire.
Old Jan 8, 2008, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by olmoscd
Subscribed. So far I've read great, great things on the stock Advan's. The bridgestones are nice i hear but not as good. I definitely want to know if there is a better alternative that is still not loud and doesnt wear fast.
which Bridgestones? 050? RE01? you should be a little more specific so we know which exact tire you are talking about
Old Jan 8, 2008, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sblvro
let us not talk about price or mileage consideration but performance alone. I have tried bridgestones(while I like it for my honda pilot-dueler A/T revo's), but they don't perform well stock size than the oem advans. EVOCARMAGAZINE which tested michelins, continental and bridgestones on their FQ's garnered faster times using the stock advan A046 and this was on wet and dry pavements. That is why the evo is listed as one of the fastest 4 door saloon at the back pages of the mag and it has been listed for 2 years already.
lol you too... dont know which Bridgestone tire you are referring to