Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Springs to correct ride height

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2003, 06:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Springs to correct ride height

my Evo 8 has been loaded in the trunk with stereo equipment as well as a two bottle Venom Nos kit. My problem is that the ride height is know about 1" lower in the rear. Will a progressive rate spring such as H&R's correct this a bit? Or do I have to go with coilovers. Also, does anyone make a ride height adjustable shock for our cars yet?

Any feedback welcome from vendors.
Old Jul 24, 2003, 06:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Progressive springs does not have anything to do with ride heights, they provide an increasing spring rate during cornering as weight transfer increases. Discussion of whether such setup provides any real benefits or not is another discussion.

To correct the ride height in the manner you would like to you have you have two options. Based on the total additional weight you put in to the trunk, you can order higher rate springs for the rears. Option two, you can go with height adjustable coilovers for all four corners. Obviously second option would cost significantly more but would give you more flexibility (you may or may not need)

FT
Old Jul 24, 2003, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
With all that in the trunk sounds like you plan on going to a few shows. In that case I'd go coilovers so you can easily slam it for the shows and raise it back up for normal driving.