Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

hawk hps brake pads

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2008, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no
Old Jan 29, 2008, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

i prefer the performance friction p97. the hps start to fade and get like wood once u put some haet into them.HORRIBLE PAD.
and to boot there noisy..
Old Jan 31, 2008, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

They are not noisy at all if you bed them in. They will also work just fine for street and auto-x driving. I have them on my car and they work great. Most people have told me to change out to something more aggressive prior to doing a track day, but several people have also said they would be fine for a beginner like myself during my first track day. I think that people in this forum like to always suggest the biggest and best and fail to take into consideration exactly what the individual user is looking for.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 04:24 AM

after bedding in the pads, i have put approx. 50 miles on the car. they are quiet and i seem to have a small amount of improvement over stock, but it has been pretty much all highway. i'll keep everyone updated, kinda do a longterm review
Old Feb 1, 2008, 04:44 AM
Evolved Member

Some good INFO here
I was also thinking about Hawk hps or Ferodo DS2500 pads.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 05:46 AM

from what i have seen in this thread and looking at both websites, comparing the HPS to the DS2500 is like comparing apples to oranges. the HPS is designed for a daily driven vehicle that sees some spirited driving along with the occassional auto-x event while the DS2500 is purposly designed for a track car. if i were doing a lot of auto-x events and track days then i would upgrade to a better rotor seletion with the DS2500 pads, but for my use of the car right now the HPS are pretty good....so far
Old Feb 1, 2008, 10:33 AM

I am trying to decide also. I am thinking either Hawk HP+ or EBC yellow stuff. What do you folks think .
Old Feb 1, 2008, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

I have been using the HPS for a little over 30k now and think they are great compared to stock. Brake dust is gone with these. At first they would make a little noise but that went away after a few months. I do find that once they get warmed a little they do bite even better. In short I would buy them again.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 11:44 AM

I have used them on several Honda's that I have owned, always liked them and they didn't warp my expensive rotors before.

I have not had to change them on my IX yet, but it won't be long judging from the dust thats on my wheels every week. Good God...
Old Feb 1, 2008, 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

I JUST ordered some of these and I then see this thread LOL. I will probably install them next week and give impressions after bedding them in.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 11:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Ferodo 2500's are definitely a step above Hawk HPS in terms of performance. They can take a lot more abuse.

They won't last as long and are a little dustier though. Great pad for street or auto-x with occasional light track use. Not exactly a "track" pad, but they can take a good amount of heat.

HPS will not be good on the track, but they suit daily driving just fine. No noise or any issues whatsoever on my HPS pads. Hawk Ceramics are also a great pad for DD.

- Andrew
Old Feb 1, 2008, 02:06 PM
Evolved Member

My HPS pads are loud after they get a little heat in them. They are an upgrade to stock and only 121 dollars. Good deal for a decent street pad
Old Feb 1, 2008, 02:16 PM
Evolved Member

I use these for DD and have used them on the track several times without any problems. I have abused them on the track and have had my rotors glowing using them, for me they are a very good option. I've used the 2500s as well and experienced no noticible difference between the two on the track or street.