Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Coilover time, need help

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2008, 04:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coilover time, need help

Well I'm in the market for a set of coilovers. I've been reading up on them and i'm mainly looking for a comfy ride since i'm mainly dd my evo and occasionally drag it. I'm looking for your guys opinions on the Apexi N1's, Jic Flta2, Hks, or Greddy. Anyone w/any of these brands feel free to share your experience. I'm not sure if anyone used the Greddy's before so i'm curious to know how well they ride. I've read the Hks ride well. And how well do these do in harsh weather conditions like winter. I know Buschur's cars are all on the Apexi N1's. Any help be great. Thanks.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 03:49 AM
Evolved Member

Bump, still looking for some opinions.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 03:54 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Robispec KWs.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 04:09 AM
Evolved Member

I'd do the Kw's but they're out of my price range. I'm looking at 1600 for my price range. I'm looking into Endura, Stance, and PIC/Pure's. Was reading up some people have had issues w/the JIC's. Haven't read any reviews of the Apexi N1's or Greddy's yet.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 04:12 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jspec EVO VIII
I'd do the Kw's but they're out of my price range. I'm looking at 1600 for my price range. I'm looking into Endura, Stance, and PIC/Pure's. Was reading up some people have had issues w/the JIC's. Haven't read any reviews of the Apexi N1's or Greddy's yet.
i have gone through all of them in my shop. All my clients end up getting robispec KW. JIC, give it about 6 months, clunk clunk. Megan straight out junk. Apex N1 same **** as megan.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 04:21 AM
Evolved Member

How about Endura, Stance, and PIC/Pure's? I'm reading up on the PIC's, and alot of people seem to love them for the price.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 04:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 31 Posts
RobiSpec
Old Feb 10, 2008, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

I didn't get the robispec version of the KW's, but the standard V3 version with a higher spring rate in the rear. Not Robi--but still the best setup I've had to date.

I think the Robispecs are built a little different internally than the standard v3's, with better valving and such. The spring rates I've heard were a little softer too? Like 7k/8k ft-rr?

Either way--KW's are the shiznit. My Zeals, those were good as well; I just like the adjustability and added travel of the KW's. The ride is a little nicer too.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

how much are kw
Old Feb 10, 2008, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by chrisblueevo
how much are kw
2k.

honestly for a dd and occasional drag you should go with the megans. you will never get your moneys worth out of KW's if you dont turn the car
Old Feb 10, 2008, 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jspec EVO VIII
Well I'm in the market for a set of coilovers. I've been reading up on them and i'm mainly looking for a comfy ride since i'm mainly dd my evo and occasionally drag it. I'm looking for your guys opinions on the Apexi N1's, Jic Flta2, Hks, or Greddy. Anyone w/any of these brands feel free to share your experience. I'm not sure if anyone used the Greddy's before so i'm curious to know how well they ride. I've read the Hks ride well. And how well do these do in harsh weather conditions like winter. I know Buschur's cars are all on the Apexi N1's. Any help be great. Thanks.
I have the Tein Monoflex. Mine is DD as well. Ride comfort is close to stock on the softer settings. I'm very happy with them.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

Heard Megans are just crap though. Haha, i'm leaning on the PIC/Pure's or quite possibly the Endura's right now. Read another thread where they had a link comparing various companies, and alot of the japanese brands had issues w/their coilovers. Even read that the Apexi, Greddy, and Megans are all manufactured at the same location, and built the same.
Old Feb 10, 2008, 02:32 PM
Evolving Member

Try Tein Ss I Have A Set And They Are Byfar Worth Every Penny
Old Feb 10, 2008, 02:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
You have to spend about 1800-1900 for a coilover with GOOD ride quality and a good quality damper. So if you're not tracking the car, you're really spending money you don't need to.

For your uses, Bilstein HD struts/shocks + a good spring like our GTWorx or Swifts should do just fine and come in under 1k.

So I would save up your money for either Bilstein PSS10's when they come out, KW's, or the new ZZyzx Koni EM Sports.....OR just get Bilstein HD's with a good spring and call it a day.

- Andrew
Old Feb 10, 2008, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

^^You guy's sell that package? I was looking at just springs like the swifts.