Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Help!!! Brakes dragging after caliper change

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2008, 03:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help!!! Brakes dragging after caliper change

Hey guys I just had my 4 calipers relaced under warranty and now my brakes are dragging. The dealership thought it may be a fluid non-compatibility issue so they flushed the system and the problem persists. The pedal now catches at the very top and all four brakes are dragging. Does anybody have an idea of what may be causing this? Thanks in advance.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

I would immediately have the car taken to another dealership. The fact that they gave you the car back like this alone is suspect.

The real problem is replacing four calipers. Unless all four calipers were leaking all over your floor, it is unlikely that there ever was a problem with any of the calipers. You can melt a pad in a caliper and it still won't fail...don't ask my how I know. What was the original problem with the brakes?

Seriously, I wouldn't trust my life to whoever is working on this car.

How much are they dragging? Have you had previous issues with the brakes? Do they drag when hot, cold or both? What brake pads are you using? What fluid did they think was incompatible?
Old Feb 26, 2008, 10:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ustcc evo
I would immediately have the car taken to another dealership. The fact that they gave you the car back like this alone is suspect.

The real problem is replacing four calipers. Unless all four calipers were leaking all over your floor, it is unlikely that there ever was a problem with any of the calipers. You can melt a pad in a caliper and it still won't fail...don't ask my how I know. What was the original problem with the brakes?

Seriously, I wouldn't trust my life to whoever is working on this car.

How much are they dragging? Have you had previous issues with the brakes? Do they drag when hot, cold or both? What brake pads are you using? What fluid did they think was incompatible?
No braking issues previously. I took the car in to have the starter changed and they said they would warranty the calipers due to chipping of the paint. The brakes drag all the time and I have the same rotors and pads (centric rotors, project mu b force pads) that I had before the caliper change. Hmmm the entire system was flushed. I cant think of anything that would cause this.
Old Feb 26, 2008, 10:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Where are you in SoCal?
Old Feb 26, 2008, 10:30 PM
Evolving Member

westchester. near lax