Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

how do you tell brake judder due to warpped rotors instead of uneven pad deposits

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2008, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
how do you tell brake judder due to warpped rotors instead of uneven pad deposits

During yesterday's track session, my steering wheel juddered violently when I hit hard on the brakes. I had difficulty trying to trail brake as I simply couldn't turn the steering wheel while braking. I am guilty of not bedding in my pads properly, only did abt 10 times 60mph to 20mph. I'm running new pads DTC 70 front and 60 rear so I should have done a few 100mph to 20mph braking to get the pads up to temp.

So I reckon the brake juddering was due to uneven pad deposits. When the brakes are cold or driving on the streets after the track session, there is no juddering. As what I have described, will a proper re-bedding of the pads rid of the judder on track? How can I confirm that it's due to uneven pad deposits and not warpped rotors? Is it possible to warp the rotors on track due to violent brake judder?
Old Apr 5, 2008, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

wow, you pretty much put yourself in that situation and I'm pretty sure you didn't warp your rotors. But do yourself a favor and skim over this

http://www.stoptech.com/tech_info/wp...rakedisk.shtml
Old Apr 5, 2008, 11:18 AM

yeah been thru that website and that's when i realised i should have done a couple of race speed braking to get the race pads up to temp to bed them in properly. anyways, how do you tell that the rotors are warpped, that it judders even on the streets at cooler pad temps? i just want to be sure that my rotors were not damaged by the violent judder while on track. i'm on endless 2-piece front rotors which have been re-surfaced once quite some time ago.
Old Apr 5, 2008, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Read the link about warped disc rotors that oldschoolevo posted.