Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Lets to seats.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2008, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lets to seats.

I intentionally posted here becasue it will get the best response. For trck day cars or weekend warriors. What seats to you like. I'll tell you what I don't like. Over priced JDM stuff. I love the recaro pole positions and now I see that OMP is making seats. Anyone tried any cheaper alterntives that are FIA certified?
http://www.ompamerica.com/seats.html Ther is one in ther that looks damn close to the pole position.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 02:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are the stock seats not holding you in good enough? I find that they may be a little big, but they are very comfortable and hold well. Just my opinion. Do you have harnesses? Those might be more worth it. They make a world of difference.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 05:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I've always been a fan of Recaro Pole Positions and SPGs. Sabelts are another good value.

Haven't had a chance to try OMP's or Racetechs but i hear good things.

Should be easy to sell your stock seats to a Subaru owner.

- Andrew
Old Apr 28, 2008, 05:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by thatguybryan
Are the stock seats not holding you in good enough? I find that they may be a little big, but they are very comfortable and hold well. Just my opinion. Do you have harnesses? Those might be more worth it. They make a world of difference.
I Agree with this. I am going to get a harness(Schroth rallye 4's) and I think this set up with Binary lowering bracket to be more then sufficient.
Old Apr 28, 2008, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

I have the Sparco Circuit Pro's, and I must say that they are incredible seats. Versus the stockers, it's night and day in terms of stability and support on the track.

The other option I considered was having a seat company cut through the stockers for a way to install the 5-point harness properly, so that may also be an option.