Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2008, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Coilovers

What are some good coilovers that are not grossly expensive. I have tein lowering springs but when people sit in the back my tire rubs so I want coilovers to fix the problem. Any good ones for kind of cheap
Old Jun 4, 2008, 10:34 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
megan racing coilovers.

http://www.lancershop.com/customer/p...cat=104&page=1
Old Jun 4, 2008, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

Get better springs (tanabe, works, swift, etc.), you don't need coilovers to get ride of that problem.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

I have been looking into PIC/Pure Tuning, seems like a great bang for your buck and not just off the shelf either.

Good reviews of them on here.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 10:49 AM
Evolved Member

You'll find your answer in the suspension forums. But yes, please get rid of those Teins as they are quite possibly the worst mod you can do to your car...that is if you actually care about its performance!! For a good value, you might want to check out the Megan streets or even the Megan tracks. What are your goals for the vehicle? Don't forget to get a corner weight and alignment after getting coilovers installed, as coilovers are pretty worthless if they are not properly optimized. Good luck with the search.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mikevoSE
Get better springs (tanabe, works, swift, etc.), you don't need coilovers to get ride of that problem.

The tein springs came with the car and were not my choice. But the reason i want coilovers is because I like the idea of height adjustment. THere are days i will just be doing city driving and other days around a track and other days go offroading for a bit. I will look into the megan coilovers and also the pure tuning
Old Jun 4, 2008, 10:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For the money and the quality I would say Buddy Clubb. They are made in Japan and the quality is better than that of megan. PM me if you have more questions! Thanks!!!

Evan Smith
Old Jun 4, 2008, 11:07 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by VividRacing.com
For the money and the quality I would say Buddy Clubb. They are made in Japan and the quality is better than that of megan. PM me if you have more questions! Thanks!!!

Evan Smith
i was looking at ur website about the buddy club.. this may be a dumb question but.. what does with or with out mount mean? installed ?
Old Jun 5, 2008, 09:42 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jluckyp
i was looking at ur website about the buddy club.. this may be a dumb question but.. what does with or with out mount mean? installed ?

Our website pricing and info is a little old, we try to update everything asap but its hard to do with so many parts.

The Buddy club "HAD" the option but does not anymore of having pillow ball mount or not having pillow ball mounts... Its was up to you. Now it comes all together with no option with or without.

hope that helped.

Thanks
Old Jun 5, 2008, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evoDON

+1 Megan Track, work great nice adjustability.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 10:51 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by def1
The tein springs came with the car and were not my choice. But the reason i want coilovers is because I like the idea of height adjustment. THere are days i will just be doing city driving and other days around a track and other days go offroading for a bit. I will look into the megan coilovers and also the pure tuning
Every time you adjust ride height on a coilover you need an alignment, so unless you do that yourself, you won't be changing your ride height much.

My advice is to look into options other then coilovers. I forsee a thread in the future complaining about a harsh ride and/or clunks and noises.

You might just try Bilsteins + Swift springs or our GTWorx springs. It's a much easier to live with solution that handles very well.

- Andrew
Old Jun 5, 2008, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by evoDON

I run them on my supra and love them. Actually have a set coming for the evo (fingers crossed the ups dude comes today)
Old Jun 6, 2008, 11:15 AM

Check out our RS2 Coilovers on our Website B&G Suspension Systems

Last edited by mike@B&GSuspen; Jun 6, 2008 at 12:35 PM.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

consider DTM's stance setup. do a search on DTM, read the sig, and take note that they've got a nice case of trophies on the stance coilovers. some of their competition included robispec. full disclosure: i have a set of robispec coilovers and i love them. but take into account that DTM's setup has proven itsself against another great setup and that they are in a price range you may find acceptable.
Old Jun 6, 2008, 06:03 PM
Evolved Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=337211
Check this setup out. I've ridden in the car. It is a great example of having your cake and eating it too. The ride is more comfortable than stock and it handles better as well. It does not handle quite as well as my JIC setup, but is definitely much more comfortable. With the Tein springs your car probably handles worse than stock, so this would be a significant handling upgrade for you.

-Paul

Quick Reply: Coilovers