Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

18x9 with 30mm offset lowered on swift springs

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2008, 11:11 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
18x9 with 30mm offset lowered on swift springs

I am interested in running the rota g-forces in the above stated size and offset. They can be seen in the wheel forum, wheeldude is selling them and they look pretty solid. I will be putting the swift springs on this summer once I decide between the sport and spec-r. Realistically I think the sports are more appropriate, seeing how my evo is a daily and never sees track use. If anyone knows if this setup will run without rubbing and need for fender rolling, please chime in. I really do not want to roll my fenders mainly because I dont know how, and I had a civic that rubbed, and it was annoying as crap. Any advice regarding the springs or the wheel/spring fitment let me know.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 12:31 PM

Rolling your fenders isnt too bad even if it does rub. Most likely the front will not be an issue, the rear is the PITA.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 01:05 PM
Evolving Member

how exactly is this done, I remember seeing an article in a magazine along time ago about it, and the guy was using a baseball bat and torch?
Old Jun 9, 2008, 01:47 PM

There is a tool you can rent from several member of this board. Just have to find out who all has them. Ive seen them just search fender rolling. Its a took that bolts to the hub and you rotate it along the exposed edge and fold it up. Heat the paint and dont try to do too much at a time. The results should great. Hope this helps.
Old Jun 9, 2008, 10:07 PM
Evolving Member

what size do you plan on using is the question.

if you run 245s or 255s, you will be fine. If you plan on using 265+, yeah rolling rear fenders will be a good idea.

Here is a link courtesy of Speed Element
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...olling+fenders
Old Jun 12, 2008, 11:21 AM
Evolving Member

i don't need really huge meats on my ride, it is a DD, and never sees the track. i might do one school sponsored autocross a year, and will hit the track someday. 245s would be fine.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 01:49 PM
Former Sponsor

If you roll your fenders that will help a ton as you will not be limited to a smaller tire.

On our black evo we ran 245/40/18 Falken RT615's and the car has Tein Flex coilovers. The car with stock fenders does not rub unless you take very aggressive turns or you have people in the car. If we were to dial in a bit more negative camber it would not rub at all.

We recently put a set of G-Force's on a white Evo that has Tein S.Tech springs and 255/35/18 tires. This car has rolled fenders and does not rub one bit. It's an awesome setup that looks amazing and handles great.

-Dan