Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Are all alignments created equal?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2008, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are all alignments created equal?

Sorry I am not really that knowledgeable when it comes to suspension. My alignment is horrible right now and I can't wait till I get my new wheels. I need something to hold me over till then. I have a tire kingdom down the street but not sure if they are up to the challenge to tackle an evo. A friend of mine said that they probably wouldn't know the exact specs for the car. I am in Orlando so if anybody knows a good shop please let me know. My steering feels a little off but doesn't really pull that hard to one side. Just a little more play than usual.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 01:05 AM
Evolved Member

Nobody?
Old Jun 22, 2008, 01:09 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Robispec is the best when it comes to that. I wish he can make it to Orlando again.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 06:50 AM
Evolved Member

not all alignments are created equal..... tire dealers can probably put you in the 'safe zone'... but nothing more than that.

n
Old Jun 22, 2008, 07:42 AM
Evolved Member

Hunter Alignment racks (as with most racks) have the OEM specs for nearly EVERY car stored in it's computer. The only thing keeping you from having a perfect alignment is either the calibration of the machine itself which is possible, but unlikely, or the incompetence of the tech, which is VERY likely.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 08:03 AM
Evolving Member

I've had mine done at a tire kingdom/NTB and it wasn't bad at all.
I had it double checked by a buddy and it was good.

Just make sure you are in the bay with them and you'll learn a lot and they will usually ask you if you want anything different or if you approve.

The good thing about Tire Kingdom/NTB is that you get a 6 month or 1 year warranty. You think they did a bad job.. take it to a different one and have them re-do it for free. or if it goes out you can just bring it back for free.

Just don't try and redo your entire suspension setup and then take it in on the last day of your warranty... I watched a guy try that while i was in for mine... he got laughed out of the store.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

I am just looking for a quick fix right now. Getting new wheels and coilovers soon so I will have it redone by somebody better. How much does robispec normally charge?
Old Jun 22, 2008, 05:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RevMoto
I am just looking for a quick fix right now. Getting new wheels and coilovers soon so I will have it redone by somebody better. How much does robispec normally charge?
NTB/TireKingdom your looking at about $85.. wroth it to hold you over..

http://robispec.com/main.html
If you do it.. don't waste your time or money just doing part of it.. save up and do it right.... if i wasn't selling my car that was my next step.
Old Jun 22, 2008, 07:11 PM
Evolving Member

If you haven't upgraded your rear trailing arm bushings, its possible both are broken. Mine broke after 2500 miles and caused pulling and vague steering, and a lot more moving around in a corner.