Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Evo 8 Suspension help

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2008, 10:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo 8 Suspension help

hey guys, i live in jamaica. the roads here are like rally/tarmac circuit, bumpy roads avoiding holes and other things in th road. my evo has 441whp and 400 torque. i need to make my car handle as best as possible. since roads here i really fun lol. When i go into corners my car has a tendency to step out in the rear!! maybe i am going beyond's the car limit, but anything that can be used to increase handling would be greatly appreciated. Here are my suspension Mods, its not much so i know there is plenty of room for modifications.

HKS Coilovers hipermax II rs
hotchkis rear adjustable sway bar (car came with this, can u tell me which setting is best)
Kumho ecsta tires treadwear is 220, tire size is 245/45/17. these are on factory wheels

Gimme some Info lol,
Old Jul 18, 2008, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Not beyond the cars limit - might be beyond the drivers. Secondly, driving like that on public roads is a good way to get yourself or someone else killed. I have been to Jamaica many times, going that fast is not wise. Not trying to be harsh but to the point.

Having a rear sway bar will cause that. Try the softest setting on the sway bar.

Take the car to the road course track (I know there is one there). Get instruction - become a better driver. Keep the racing on the track.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks i will try that with the swaybar, any advice on adjustable arms? thinking about purchasing a set
Old Jul 20, 2008, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by chuckie500
thanks i will try that with the swaybar, any advice on adjustable arms? thinking about purchasing a set
Dont need them unless you plan on tracking the car. Your stock ones are perfectly suited.

Good luck and yes putting in a bigger sway bar in the rear will cause the car to oversteer.

Have you had a good alignment job performed???

If so go with some nice street settings. -2 in the front with 0 toe and -1 in the rear with 0 toe and you should be able to handle those corners a little better.

Jamaican EVO drivers FTW!!! LORD HAVE MERCY!!!
Old Jul 21, 2008, 07:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
OEM tires!!!