Notices
Evo Tires / Wheels / Brakes / Suspension Discuss everything that helps make your car start and stop to the best of it's abilities.

Rotor Warranty?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2008, 10:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rotor Warranty?

Does anyone know how long the rotors on the EVO IX should last? and the warranty info for them if available, like how many miles are they covered for? the reason I ask is I think my rotors are warped. everytime I brake above 25 my steering wheel shakes and I feel vibration in my brake pedal. Its very noticeable at speeds between 45-30 when I'm braking. Any help would be great.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 11:55 AM

Mine are the same but above 70mph. I ask the dealership and they told me they only warrant them for a year, from the original date of purchase, so I just left mine the way they are. Looks like its a common problem for many of us.
Old Aug 6, 2008, 02:00 PM

yeah its annoying though, I'll probably just go for some slotted rotors... thanks for the info...
Old Aug 6, 2008, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
I doubt that they would be covered for warp at all. You could warp a rotor on a brand new car the first day you got it if you really wanted to.

Now wear, however, I bet they would cover. If your rotor broke or wore down extremely fast then I bet it could be covered.

Your rotors may not even be warped. Sometimes you can get pad material that sticks to the rotor creating a hight spot. It will feel like a warped rotor and you pedal will pulse and you will feel it in the steering wheel. This could be from coming to a hard stop, then sitting at a stoplight with you brakes engaged allowing the pad to sit on a very hot rotor . . . just a thought . . .